Search This Blog

Read-A-Thon Challenge 3

Wednesday, July 13, 2011
I have two book recommendations for you :)

1) The China Garden: Liz Berry...here is the Good Reads synopsis: When Clare moves with her mother from London to Ravensmere, an historic English estate, she can't shake the feeling that the residents already know her, especially Mark, a maddeningly attractive biker. Clare also feels compelled to take midnight walks in Ravensmere's abandoned China Garden. Then her mother reveals that their own past is tragically linked to the estate. But when Clare discovers that Ravensmere is in grave danger, will she risk her future-and Mark's-to save it?

I loved the main characters, they both literally forced the reader to feel the emotion they felt-the book was really intense and I don't usually say this.  I loved how quickly the book progressed, the reader was never left lagging.  The plot itself was really unusual and intriguing-guardians to a heavenlike place? Just cool.  The novels has several small plots, enough to keep the reader on his/her toes but not enough to confuse the reader.  I really enjoyed the ending, I love a good love story (two main characters fall in love as it was fated).  I think you'd enjoy this book!



2) Mercy: Rebecca Lim
An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, MERCY is the first book in a major new paranormal series.

There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.

Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love.


Good Reads Summary

What drew me first to this book was the cover, shockingly pretty.  The main character started out the novel so intriguingly, stating that the reader probably knew more about her than she did and that she doesn't remember who she is, but she knows she goes from body to body.  The story quickly evolves into a murder mystery with a tinge of romance.  The book is just different from anything I have picked up before.  The main character is now in the body of a girl who is participating in a singing contest and is one of the best ones (more pressure on Mercy, the main character).  The reader happily discovers more traits and qualities that Mercy displays throughout the novel, some are unusually exciting.  The novel ends pretty well, but realistically.  You won't be disappointed with this novel, give it a try!

0 comments: