Search This Blog

Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Monday, December 3, 2012

A broken past and a divided future can’t stop the electric connection of two teens in this “charged and romantic” (Becca Fitzpatrick), lush novel. Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston has no idea how he survived the category five tornado that killed his parents. And he has no idea if the beautiful, dark-haired girl who’s swept through his dreams every night since the storm is real. But he hopes she is.

Seventeen-year-old Audra is a sylph, an air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands. She’s also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra’s forced to help Vane remember who he is. He has a power to claim—the secret language of the West Wind, which only he can understand. But unlocking his heritage will also unlock the memory Audra needs him to forget. And their greatest danger is not the warriors coming to destroy them—but the forbidden romance that’s grown between them.

Goodreads Summary

I have written many times, describing how much I love books that switch between points of view.  Reading from different perspectives makes the story seem more alive to me and gives the characters more depth.  Shannon Messenger writes from two points of view in Let the Sky Fall.  She switches between Vane and Audra.  Vane is the miracle boy who should have died when he was eight years old in the category five tornado that stole his family and his memories. Some mysterious girl saved him. Now, nine years later, he still sees her face and dreams about her.  To Vane, she is perfect in every sense.  Audra has a much lower opinion of herself.  She knows that the deaths of Vane’s parents and her own father are on her hands.  Audra was only a little girl when she killed them, but she will carry their murders with her forever.  The mission that Audra must succeed in will help redeem her, even if nothing can truly ever make her whole.  Audra must awaken Vane to his legacy.  She must protect him and ensure his safety, the world depends on him.

    I was never bored when reading Let the Sky Fall.  Shannon Messenger starts the story by drawing her reader in and then refuses to let them go until the last page.  Forbidden romance, adventure, and betrayal are all tied together in this exciting novel.  Young adult readers will love Let the Sky Fall. 

5 Stars

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

16 comments:

  1. Can't wait till this comes out. Thanks for the great review.

  1. Daniela said...:

    I love it already. I really can't wait to get my hands on a copy :)

  1. Mabel said...:

    I so need this book! I LOVE everything about it!

  1. Unknown said...:

    Going to add this book on my to-read list!

  1. I knew from the minute I saw the cover that I had to read this book. And lucky me, the premise sounded just as good as the cover looked. I am so very happy to read a great review. Yours is the first that I have read, and I think I will stop there because I don't want to hear anything negative. I cannot wait for this book, already!

  1. Chelsea B. said...:

    How... How in the WORLD have I never heard about this book?!?!? That is insane! This book sounds amazing! Thank you for pointing it out to me!

  1. Gah! I've heard such conflicting reviews about this book that my curiosity is peaked and I feel like I must experience it for myself.

  1. Unknown said...:

    Sounds like great read! I put it on my TBR list!

  1. İlkim said...:

    I loved it! Must read this one too :)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I've had this on my TBR list what feels like forever. I am a huge tornado junkie. And I thought the cover is just beautiful. So thank you for sharing your thoughts on it. I'm glad you liked it and I won't be disappointmented.

  1. Unknown said...:

    I've never heard of a sylph before i don't think! I love this cover!!

  1. ashley said...:

    oh this is different from the many novels out there. I for sure believe this is something worth reading!

  1. Unknown said...:

    Oh, the cover is so romantic~

  1. megHan said...:

    Thanks for such a great review. The cover is awesome to this book and it sounds like something I would love to read :)

  1. Olivia Harvard said...:

    I absolutely love books that have characters who control the elements. Sounds like an amazing read and I can't wait to pick up a copy. Great review! Hope I like it as much as you did. :)

  1. I can't believe I didn't hear of this book sooner!!! Wonderful Review by the way.