Search This Blog

Interview with Kassy Taylor!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

 Ashes of Twilight (Ashes Trilogy, #1)

1. The dome seems so forbidding and yet strangely comforting (when you consider the supposed alternative), would you ever live inside "the dome?"

I guess it depends on the alternative. I enjoy being outside and would definitely miss the sky and the trees and the mountains.  It also depends on the restrictions.  I could never give up my pets, nor would I want myself, or my children and my children's children to be restricted in what they could do with their lives.  Everyone should be able to follow their dreams.

2. Did you draw on your own or others' personality traits for Wren? Was she difficult or easy to write about?

I'm a dreamer, like Wren.  I would like to think I have her courage but I've never been tested as she has.  Wren came to me as a full blown character. She's her own person, not a model of anyone else.

3. What can readers expect from Wren in this book? A lot of questions and a lot of determination.  She's a deep thinker, but once she decides on something, she sticks to it and goes after it.

4. What was your main inspiration for writingAshes of Twilight?  i wanted to pay tribute to the miners in West Virginia who lost their lives in the coal mines, including my Uncle, who the book is dedicated too.

5. Which scene was your favorite to write about?  the scene where Pace is stuck in the tunnels because I am claustrophobic too.

6. What can we expect in any follow-up books (and we hope there are a few!)? A lot of action and growing up on Wren's part once they are outside and a new young man from America named Levi Addison that has Wren questioning her feelings for Pace. The next book is Shadows Of Glass and will be out next July.


Cindy Holby
www.cindyholby.com
@cholby

3 comments:

  1. nrlymrtl said...:

    Thanks for the interview. I read this book not too many weeks ago and it is always interesting to see where some of the author's inspirations come from - like the coal mines in VA.

  1. Diana said...:

    Thanks for sharing this with us!
    Very nice :)

    - Diana Grace

  1. bn100 said...:

    Nice interview questions/answers