Search This Blog

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

Saturday, May 26, 2012
They say opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son-and enforcer-of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant alpha. While Anna, an omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind.

Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles.

Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston, when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial killer case. They quickly realize that not only the last two victims were werewolves-all of them were. Someone is targeting their kind. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights...


Goodreads Summary


Fair Game is the third installment of the Alpha and Omega series. Charles is the werewolf’s hit man. If a pack is getting out of hand and killing people / making it difficult for humans, he goes to eliminates them. It’s starting to get under his skin… the ghosts follow him, and he’s afraid of his mate – Anna – getting involved with them. He shuts Anna out of his life, and she doesn’t know what to do. Finally, his father says he needs a break to get away from assassinating because it’s taking a toll on him. Along the way Charles and Anna rekindle their relationship.

This book is sweet romance than hot and steamy. Anna and Charles are always a team to root for… their love for each other makes you go “awwww!” I’ve always wanted a big-bad werewolf on my side. Personally, they’re just so loyal, caring, yummy, and protective. It’s a perfect cocktail for a dreamy man. Plus Charles is more of a “Don’t touch me or look at me the wrong way, and if you do I’ll break your fingers off” guy… it’s one of those situations where YOU want to be the one to uncover the kind and sensitive side. If you haven’t noticed, I’m a sappy romance reader. You don’t need to read the first two books in the series, but it will help immensely. The plot moves forward at a nice pace, so I didn’t skim any pages. I give it five stars.


5 Stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

6 comments:

  1. Anne said...:

    Interesting cover. The paperback I got had a different cover. I read, but don't love this series. I much prefer the Mercy Thompson series. I find Charles and Anna to be less interesting characters.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    This looks really cool. I like the FBI and werewolf idea, it's a good mix.

    dakotagirl16AThotmailDOTcom
    Chelsea Carson

  1. I love Briggs books but haven't started this series yet. I do have them in my TBR pile so shortly I will get to them

  1. Denise Z said...:

    I love Patricia Briggs writing and have read all of the Mercy Thompson novels. I have yet to start this series, but it is definitely on the wishlist. Thanks for sharing today sending good vibes to my budget gods here that my wait will not be much longer :)

  1. Tina B said...:

    I am currently reading this series and loving it!! Who knew that Charles could actually feel? ;)

  1. I love love love this book! Wasn’t the ending just completely crazy?? I’m so excited to see what happens next xD And I love that we found out more about the Fae and how they work in this book since they’ve been kind of a mystery in both the series so far…. >.>