Search This Blog

Elemental by Emily White

Friday, May 4, 2012
Just because Ella can burn someone to the ground with her mind doesn't mean she should.

But she wants to.

For ten years—ever since she was a small child—Ella has been held prisoner on an interstellar starship. Now that she has escaped, she needs answers.

Who is she? Why was she taken? And who is the boy with the beautiful green eyes who haunts her memories?

Is Ella the prophesied Destructor… or will she be the one who's destroyed?


Goodreads Summary

Ella was an interesting character.  I liked her spunk, but sometimes wished she was a little pushier in getting answers.  Ella is a brave, strong female character.  The reader will follow the plot through Ella and will cringe when Ella is injured (happens a lot) and cheer when she finally gets something she needs.  The story revolves around space and fantasy, the author writes smoothly with little to no awkward transitions.  There is an underlying feeling of mystery and helplessness.  The reader will be dying to know the answers to some of Ella's queries. 

Overall, the Goodreads summary above is great to read through to pick up the plot.  The plot itself was mostly fast-paced.  There were a few slow areas here and there, but nothing that dragged on.  The characters were fairly easy to like and connect to.  Ella's character will take some getting used to, but is worth the attempt.  The love interest added that perfect amount of tension without taking over the story.  The other characters are interesting to get to know.  This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.

4 Stars

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I've never heard of this book before. Looks great! I'm glad you liked it. Yet another good book to add to my TBR List.

  1. I have been seeing this book all over the blogosphere lately, and while at first I wasn't honestly all that interested in it, the more reviews I read and the more I see that cover, the more interested I am becoming. Doesn't hurt that there is a green eyed boy mentioned in the summary. Who can resist that?
    Thanks for your review!

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this. I've heard lots of good things about it. Thanks for the review.

  1. Karen said...:

    That cover kind of creeps me out lol It is pretty but sort of alien in a way. Maybe it's just me,

    It does sound interesting though. Thanks for the review.