As you gear up to bid farewell to 2011 and say hello to 2012, you may be outlining resolutions that will make for a healthy, happy and prosperous new 365 days. Well, before you stop after resolving to go to the gym and eat more veggies, if you’re a book lover, why not add some reading resolutions to your list?
Be sure to check out the following resolutions for readers that will help make 2012 your best year yet:
Resolution #1: Re-read one of your childhood favorites. Dust off the C.S. Lewis books sitting on your shelf that you haven’t read in years and spend some time reconnecting with your inner child. Whatever your favorite was once upon a time, it will be fun to go back and relive a story that opened up so many ideas, dreams, and your imagination.
Resolution #2: Start a journal. Reading and writing go hand in hand…so the next time you start a good book, also start a journal where you can take notes as you travel through the pages of your book. Write down how you can relate to the characters, what you would to in similar situations, and express your general feelings on events throughout the read. This can be a great method for expressing your emotions and can even be used as a creative outlet for your own writing—how would you change the book’s plot if you were the author?
Resolution #3: Check out the library. In today’s modern world with Kindles, online bookstores, and other technologies that have changed literature as we know it, libraries are becoming a thing of the past. However, immersing yourself in a building with thousands of books is a magical feeling for an avid reader—get back to basics by spending a day getting lost exploring, reading and checking out a book or two at your public library.
Resolution #4: Read to someone in need. One of the best resolutions you can make is the one of volunteering your time to someone else. Sick patients or children in hospitals and elderly citizens in nursing homes love to have volunteers come to visit and share with them the gift of reading. This will not only make another person’s day brighter, but it will make yours brighter as well. Look online to find volunteer opportunities in your town.
Resolution #5: Read a book outside of your favorite genre. If you normally stick to books related to love and romance, switch it up and spring for a book that you might have overlooked before…maybe in the genre of suspense/horror, poetry, sci-fi? Who knows, when you broaden your horizons and try a book of a different category, you might just find that you have a new favorite author or style.
Joe Morris is a guest post contributor who shares with us this post on New Year’s resolutions for readers. In his spare time, Joe also contributes articles to Best Free Dating Sites where he educates readers on the importance of safe online dating.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2012 (819)
- An Appetite For Murder by Lucy Burdette
- Closer by Maxine Linnell
- Treehugger by Kea Alwang
- ARC Tour for The Catastrophic History of You and M...
- Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix (Outlander Chronicle...
- Best of 2011!!! Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN) ARC of Fae...
- Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs
- The Farsighted Holiday Whirlwind! *Leave a commen...
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN) and SWAG Giveaway (INT)
- Interview with Author Elise Stephens!
- Mid-Winter's Eve Blog Hop!
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn by James...
- Fury's Fire by Lisa Papademetriou
- Lucky by Craig Inglis, Illustrated by Richard Kins...
- The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
- Little Women and Me By: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
- Havoc by Jeff Sampson
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
- Witches of the Glass Castle by Gabriella Lepore
- Entangled by Traci Bell
- Compulsion by Kymberlee Burks Miller Book Spotligh...
- My Funny Valentine: America's Most Hilarious Write...
- Tariel's Way by Michael B. Millard
- Ever Heard of Wine.com?
- Wayward Son by Tom Pollack, John Loftus, Jim Alves...
- Saving June by Hannah Harrington
- Wayward Saints by Suzzy Roche
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN)
- Tempest by Julie Cross
- Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupola
- Pure By: Julianna Baggott
- The Public Defender by M. D. Cliatt GIVEAWAY!
- Scorpio Rising by Monique Domovitch Excerpt!
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
- The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Wei...
- The Complex by: Donald W. Tucker
- Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
- Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry
- Cover Adoration Dec 18, 2011
- $50 Paypal Cash Giveaway
- What Happened on Fox Street by: Tricia Springstubb...
- Mo Wren, Lost and Found by: Tricia Springstubb
- The Game of Triumphs by Laura Powell
- In Defense of Flash Fiction – What It Can Teach Yo...
- Welcome to the 12 Pearls of Christmas!
- What Martial Arts Taught me about Writing: Guest P...
- All That Bleeds by Kimberly Frost
- David Knight Guest Post!
- Real by Shelley Malcolm
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Web of Lies - My Life with a Narcissist by Sarah T...
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss by Nicole...
- Shadows and Fire by Jennifer Fales
- It's a Waverly Life by Maria Murnane
- Favorite Holidays Stories: Guest Post by Lena Gol...
- Virtual Virgin by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon
- On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker
- Jessica Rules The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
- Welcome to the 3rd Annual Pearl Girls™ 12 Pearls o...
- Review and Excerpt: In Leah's Wake by Terri Giulia...
- Poisoned Love by Caitlin Rother
- In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories by S.B. ...
- Teed Up For Love by Barbara Weitz
- Loveswept Holiday Hop 12/12-1/8
- Character Inspirations for Moonlight and Oranges-E...
- Cover Reveal!
- The Girl In The Box by Sheila Dalton
- ML Furs!
- Join Bloggers in the Paypal Cash giveaway!
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Readers
- Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
- Irises by Francisco X. Stork
- The Yoga Club by Cooper Lawrence
- No Work and All Play: Audacious Chronicles of a Ca...
- The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
- Battle For Cascadia by Kenneth Bennett
- Invisible by Jeanne Bannon
- The Best Holiday Gifts for Readers
- ARC Tour for Tempest by Julie Cross
- In Her Sights by Robin Perini Guest Post
- Don't Forget to Enter!
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett Guest Post and...
- Blue Sky Scrubs!
- Savvy Diva’s Take On…Elevator Etiquette
- Vestal Virgin: Suspense in Ancient Rome : Suzanne ...
- Review and Giveaway of A New Prospect by Wayne Zur...
- Book Lover's Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Carving Angels Review and Guest Post by Diane Stri...
- 44 Days of Random Thoughts & Observations by Jahza...
- New Blog Design
- Angelina's Secret by Lisa J. Rogers
- Inseparable by Dora Heldt (translated by Jamie Lee...
- Open Wounds by Joseph Lunievicz
- First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky
- Splintered: Sierra's Legacy: The Eldwitch Chronicl...
- Vulcan's Gift by Elise Stokes
- Moonlight and Oranges by Elise Stephens
- The Eternal Child by David Wasserman
- King of Paine by Larry Kahn Blog Tour: Guest Post ...
- King of Paine by Larry Kahn
- Reversible Skirt by Laura McHale Holland
- Untraceable: S.R. Johannes Guest Post!
- The Fractured Life of 3743 by Rob Cabitto
- Hunted by Cheryl Rainfield
- Scary School by Derek the Ghost
- Flame of Surrender by Rhiannon Paille Video Traile...
- Chance to Win A Kindle and Other Prizes!
- ▼ December (116)