Battle For Cascadia by Kenneth Bennett
Posted by Krystal Larson at 2:24 PM Friday, December 9, 2011
When Warren Wilkes, age 13, stumbles upon a mysterious relic deep in the Cascade Mountains (The Gaia Wars) wonder reigns. Brimming with secrets and sentient energy, the relic leads Warren to a fantastic chamber, and to shocking revelations about his identity.
Now wonder has turned to dread.
A forgotten terror-- a demon that knows Warren better than he knows himself-- has risen again and is gathering power with a singularly evil goal in mind: to capture and enslave the wild spirit of the Earth itself.
Warren must fight or see all that he cherishes destroyed.
First off, that cover is eye-catchingly wonderful. Many readers should be drawn in via the cover and their attention will continue to be held because of the action-packed plot. Warren now has another enemy to face off against, he must strive to save his small mountain town. Another interesting character is Warren's mother. She had the potential to provide a large amount of power to both sides, Warren and the "evildoers." Will Warren pull through?
What is particularly intriguing and captivating about this novel is the intricate description of Uhlgoth and his army. The reader will be caught up in the terrible type of beauty the army possesses and the hard strength the reader will be able to feel emanating from the army and Uhlgoth. Another quality that would make this a great book to draw a reluctant male reader in. The author pays a good deal of attention to Uhlgoth, making the novel much more exciting and providing more action and hints of mystery.
This second book in the series is exciting and fun to read. It was very hard to put down, many readers will finish within a day or two. The characters were very easy to read about, the dialogue was intriguing. The events were fun to read about and the plot was fast-paced. A reader can look forward to more from this author. The book had a very mystical, fantastical feel that reminded me of Pachabel Canon (I love that song!). This book is recommended to teen/middle grade readers, particularly male readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (327)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- An Appetite For Murder by Lucy Burdette
- Closer by Maxine Linnell
- Treehugger by Kea Alwang
- ARC Tour for The Catastrophic History of You and M...
- Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix (Outlander Chronicle...
- Best of 2011!!! Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN) ARC of Fae...
- Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs
- The Farsighted Holiday Whirlwind! *Leave a commen...
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN) and SWAG Giveaway (INT)
- Interview with Author Elise Stephens!
- Mid-Winter's Eve Blog Hop!
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn by James...
- Fury's Fire by Lisa Papademetriou
- Lucky by Craig Inglis, Illustrated by Richard Kins...
- The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
- Little Women and Me By: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
- Havoc by Jeff Sampson
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
- Witches of the Glass Castle by Gabriella Lepore
- Entangled by Traci Bell
- Compulsion by Kymberlee Burks Miller Book Spotligh...
- My Funny Valentine: America's Most Hilarious Write...
- Tariel's Way by Michael B. Millard
- Ever Heard of Wine.com?
- Slide by Jill Hathaway
- Wayward Son by Tom Pollack, John Loftus, Jim Alves...
- Saving June by Hannah Harrington
- Wayward Saints by Suzzy Roche
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN)
- Tempest by Julie Cross
- Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupola
- Pure By: Julianna Baggott
- The Public Defender by M. D. Cliatt GIVEAWAY!
- Scorpio Rising by Monique Domovitch Excerpt!
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
- The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Wei...
- The Complex by: Donald W. Tucker
- Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
- Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry
- Cover Adoration Dec 18, 2011
- $50 Paypal Cash Giveaway
- What Happened on Fox Street by: Tricia Springstubb...
- Mo Wren, Lost and Found by: Tricia Springstubb
- The Game of Triumphs by Laura Powell
- In Defense of Flash Fiction – What It Can Teach Yo...
- Welcome to the 12 Pearls of Christmas!
- What Martial Arts Taught me about Writing: Guest P...
- All That Bleeds by Kimberly Frost
- David Knight Guest Post!
- Real by Shelley Malcolm
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Web of Lies - My Life with a Narcissist by Sarah T...
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss by Nicole...
- Shadows and Fire by Jennifer Fales
- It's a Waverly Life by Maria Murnane
- Favorite Holidays Stories: Guest Post by Lena Gol...
- Virtual Virgin by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon
- On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker
- Jessica Rules The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
- Welcome to the 3rd Annual Pearl Girls™ 12 Pearls o...
- Review and Excerpt: In Leah's Wake by Terri Giulia...
- Poisoned Love by Caitlin Rother
- In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories by S.B. ...
- Teed Up For Love by Barbara Weitz
- Loveswept Holiday Hop 12/12-1/8
- Character Inspirations for Moonlight and Oranges-E...
- Cover Reveal!
- The Girl In The Box by Sheila Dalton
- ML Furs!
- Join Bloggers in the Paypal Cash giveaway!
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Readers
- Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
- Irises by Francisco X. Stork
- The Yoga Club by Cooper Lawrence
- No Work and All Play: Audacious Chronicles of a Ca...
- The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
- Battle For Cascadia by Kenneth Bennett
- Invisible by Jeanne Bannon
- The Best Holiday Gifts for Readers
- ARC Tour for Tempest by Julie Cross
- In Her Sights by Robin Perini Guest Post
- Don't Forget to Enter!
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett Guest Post and...
- Blue Sky Scrubs!
- Savvy Diva’s Take On…Elevator Etiquette
- Vestal Virgin: Suspense in Ancient Rome : Suzanne ...
- Review and Giveaway of A New Prospect by Wayne Zur...
- Book Lover's Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Carving Angels Review and Guest Post by Diane Stri...
- 44 Days of Random Thoughts & Observations by Jahza...
- New Blog Design
- Angelina's Secret by Lisa J. Rogers
- ▼ December (117)