In Her Sights by Robin Perini Guest Post
Posted by Krystal Larson at 9:43 AM Thursday, December 8, 2011
Villains are People, Too!
I love villains. I admit it. As a writer of romantic suspense, my hero and heroine are constantly in danger. But I don't want them being chased by an incompetent cartoon character making stupid mistakes. At the beginning of my story, my villain must be a hair's breadth from winning the battle. Otherwise, the book is over on page one.
My favorite part of plotting a new story is digging deep into the villain's psyche and really understanding them. A villain has goals, dreams, and flaws just like the hero and heroine. They are two sides of the same coin, except…the villain's choices put the hero and heroine in jeopardy. Physically, obviously, and in the best books, emotionally as well.
In my stories, I usually have a BBG (Big bad guy) who controls some minions to make things interesting. I may even have other bad guys who run around causing trouble. But of course, in my books, unlike real life, all my bad guys get what's coming to them. I relish it when the bad guy has to pay the piper. Like Jafar in Disney's Aladdin. At the end of the movie, our villain realizes that although he won—he gets the "Phenomenal Cosmic Power"—he also has an "itty bitty living space."
So, what makes a great villain? Strength of purpose, and the willingness to do or sacrifice anything to get what they want. In other words…the same character traits that make the hero and heroine strong characters (though heroes and heroines don't sacrifice the innocent or each other).
Heroes, heroines, villains. So similar. Two sides of a coin. And one thing I learned early on in my writing was that there is a part of me in EVERY character. Even villains. So when it comes to villains…I AM my own villain.
A bit disturbing perhaps, but true.
The villains in my debut novel, In Her Sights, are driven. Do you have a favorite villain from movies or books? I'd love to hear about them. By the way, I love to hear from readers. Please connect with me. You can get in touch via my website, www.robinperini.com where you can view the In Her Sights book trailer, read excerpts, read reviews, sign up for my mailing list and even request trading cards or a Kindlegraph. I'm also on Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads. I'd love to hear from you.
Robin Perini web site:
Robin Perini Facebook:
Robin Perini Twitter:
Tribute Books Blog Tours Facebook:
In Her Sights blog tour site:
In Her Sights Book Summary
Jasmine “Jazz” Parker, Jefferson County SWAT's only female sniper, can thread the eye of a needle with a bullet. But she carries a secret from her past that she thought she buried for good at the age of fifteen. Two years ago she even drove away the one man she believed she could love—ex-Army Ranger turned reporter Luke Montgomery—to keep her past hidden. Now, in a fleeting second, the time it takes for one clean shot, one perfect hit, to save the life of the governor's daughter, Jazz's world begins to crumble around her.
Luke splashes her face and name across the front page of the newspaper, reawakening her past with a vengeance. A vicious enemy is now bent on destroying her life, forcing Jazz to turn to the one man she can never have in order to stop a killer before she and everyone she cares about pays the ultimate price. Full of explosive action and almost unbearable suspense, In Her Sights is a relentless, steamy thriller surprisingly infused with soul and poignancy.
Robin Perini Bio:
Award-winning author Robin Perini’s love of heart-stopping suspense and poignant romance, coupled with her adoration of high tech weaponry and covert ops, encouraged her secret inner commando to take on the challenge of writing romantic suspense novels. Her mission's motto: "when danger and romance collide, no heart is safe."
As a writer, Robin is devoted to giving her readers fast-paced, high stakes adventures with a love story sure to melt their hearts. Robin’s strong characters and tightly woven plots have garnered her seven prestigious Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® finals, and Golden Heart Winner in 2011. Stolen Lullaby, will be published by Harlequin Intrigue® in May, 2012 as Finding Her Son. Her other 2011 Golden Heart® Finalist, In Her Sights, will be published by Amazon's Montlake Romance November 29, 2011.
By day, she works for an advanced technology corporation, and in her spare time, you might find her giving one of her many nationally acclaimed writing workshops or find her training in competitive small-bore rifle silhouette shooting. She's a voracious reader and a die-hard fan of the T.V. series, BONES.
YouTube video book trailer embed code:
Release: November 29, 2011
Amazon buy link
Barnes&Noble.com buy link
Kindle buy link
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2013 (494)
- ► 2012 (820)
- An Appetite For Murder by Lucy Burdette
- Closer by Maxine Linnell
- Treehugger by Kea Alwang
- ARC Tour for The Catastrophic History of You and M...
- Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix (Outlander Chronicle...
- Best of 2011!!! Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN) ARC of Fae...
- Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs
- The Farsighted Holiday Whirlwind! *Leave a commen...
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN) and SWAG Giveaway (INT)
- Interview with Author Elise Stephens!
- Mid-Winter's Eve Blog Hop!
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn by James...
- Fury's Fire by Lisa Papademetriou
- Lucky by Craig Inglis, Illustrated by Richard Kins...
- The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
- Little Women and Me By: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
- Havoc by Jeff Sampson
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
- Witches of the Glass Castle by Gabriella Lepore
- Entangled by Traci Bell
- Compulsion by Kymberlee Burks Miller Book Spotligh...
- My Funny Valentine: America's Most Hilarious Write...
- Tariel's Way by Michael B. Millard
- Ever Heard of Wine.com?
- Slide by Jill Hathaway
- Wayward Son by Tom Pollack, John Loftus, Jim Alves...
- Saving June by Hannah Harrington
- Wayward Saints by Suzzy Roche
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN)
- Tempest by Julie Cross
- Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupola
- Pure By: Julianna Baggott
- The Public Defender by M. D. Cliatt GIVEAWAY!
- Scorpio Rising by Monique Domovitch Excerpt!
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
- The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Wei...
- The Complex by: Donald W. Tucker
- Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
- Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry
- Cover Adoration Dec 18, 2011
- $50 Paypal Cash Giveaway
- What Happened on Fox Street by: Tricia Springstubb...
- Mo Wren, Lost and Found by: Tricia Springstubb
- The Game of Triumphs by Laura Powell
- In Defense of Flash Fiction – What It Can Teach Yo...
- Welcome to the 12 Pearls of Christmas!
- What Martial Arts Taught me about Writing: Guest P...
- All That Bleeds by Kimberly Frost
- David Knight Guest Post!
- Real by Shelley Malcolm
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Web of Lies - My Life with a Narcissist by Sarah T...
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss by Nicole...
- Shadows and Fire by Jennifer Fales
- It's a Waverly Life by Maria Murnane
- Favorite Holidays Stories: Guest Post by Lena Gol...
- Virtual Virgin by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon
- On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker
- Jessica Rules The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
- Welcome to the 3rd Annual Pearl Girls™ 12 Pearls o...
- Review and Excerpt: In Leah's Wake by Terri Giulia...
- Poisoned Love by Caitlin Rother
- In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories by S.B. ...
- Teed Up For Love by Barbara Weitz
- Loveswept Holiday Hop 12/12-1/8
- Character Inspirations for Moonlight and Oranges-E...
- Cover Reveal!
- The Girl In The Box by Sheila Dalton
- ML Furs!
- Join Bloggers in the Paypal Cash giveaway!
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Readers
- Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
- Irises by Francisco X. Stork
- The Yoga Club by Cooper Lawrence
- No Work and All Play: Audacious Chronicles of a Ca...
- The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
- Battle For Cascadia by Kenneth Bennett
- Invisible by Jeanne Bannon
- The Best Holiday Gifts for Readers
- ARC Tour for Tempest by Julie Cross
- In Her Sights by Robin Perini Guest Post
- Don't Forget to Enter!
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett Guest Post and...
- Blue Sky Scrubs!
- Savvy Diva’s Take On…Elevator Etiquette
- Vestal Virgin: Suspense in Ancient Rome : Suzanne ...
- Review and Giveaway of A New Prospect by Wayne Zur...
- Book Lover's Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Carving Angels Review and Guest Post by Diane Stri...
- 44 Days of Random Thoughts & Observations by Jahza...
- New Blog Design
- Angelina's Secret by Lisa J. Rogers
- Inseparable by Dora Heldt (translated by Jamie Lee...
- Open Wounds by Joseph Lunievicz
- First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky
- Splintered: Sierra's Legacy: The Eldwitch Chronicl...
- Vulcan's Gift by Elise Stokes
- Moonlight and Oranges by Elise Stephens
- The Eternal Child by David Wasserman
- King of Paine by Larry Kahn Blog Tour: Guest Post ...
- King of Paine by Larry Kahn
- Reversible Skirt by Laura McHale Holland
- Untraceable: S.R. Johannes Guest Post!
- The Fractured Life of 3743 by Rob Cabitto
- Hunted by Cheryl Rainfield
- Scary School by Derek the Ghost
- Flame of Surrender by Rhiannon Paille Video Traile...
- Chance to Win A Kindle and Other Prizes!
- ▼ December (117)