Vee Bell is certain of one irrefutable truth—her sister’s friend Sophie didn’t kill herself. She was murdered.
Vee knows this because she was there. Everyone believes Vee is narcoleptic, but she doesn’t actually fall asleep during these episodes: When she passes out, she slides into somebody else’s mind and experiences the world through that person’s eyes. She’s slid into her sister as she cheated on a math test, into a teacher sneaking a drink before class. She learned the worst about a supposed “friend” when she slid into her during a school dance. But nothing could have prepared Vee for what happens one October night when she slides into the mind of someone holding a bloody knife, standing over Sophie’s slashed body.
Vee desperately wishes she could share her secret, but who would believe her? It sounds so crazy that she can’t bring herself to tell her best friend, Rollins, let alone the police. Even if she could confide in Rollins, he has been acting off lately, more distant, especially now that she’s been spending more time with Zane.
Enmeshed in a terrifying web of secrets, lies, and danger and with no one to turn to, Vee must find a way to unmask the killer before he or she strikes again.
Another innovative young adult concept. Vee has an interesting problem or ability, she can slide into others' bodies and view what the others are seeing and doing. She cannot control this ability and needs to touch an object connected to another person to truly slide. These "narcoleptic fits" make for many awkward moments for poor Vee. They can also make for deadly visits. Vee slides into the body of someone she would do anything to get out of. She sees the death of her sister's friend, a friend whose death may be passed off as a suicide unless Vee can prove it differently.
Overall, Vee is a good main character. She is interesting, smart, and inquisitive. She is down-to-earth serious and makes for a great narrator. Her friend, Rollins, has his own demons to fight, but he still sticks by Vee's side even when the going gets tough. The other secondary characters are not the nicest, the reader may dislike quite a few other characters in this novel. The events are fast-paced, this book is a quick read. The scenes where Vee slides are vibrantly described, the reader can literally imagine it happening. The book contains many different twists and surprises that will keep the reader on his/her toes. The reader will not want this book to end. Slide is perfect for teen/young adult readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- An Appetite For Murder by Lucy Burdette
- Closer by Maxine Linnell
- Treehugger by Kea Alwang
- ARC Tour for The Catastrophic History of You and M...
- Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix (Outlander Chronicle...
- Best of 2011!!! Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN) ARC of Fae...
- Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs
- The Farsighted Holiday Whirlwind! *Leave a commen...
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN) and SWAG Giveaway (INT)
- Interview with Author Elise Stephens!
- Mid-Winter's Eve Blog Hop!
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn by James...
- Fury's Fire by Lisa Papademetriou
- Lucky by Craig Inglis, Illustrated by Richard Kins...
- The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
- Little Women and Me By: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
- Havoc by Jeff Sampson
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
- Witches of the Glass Castle by Gabriella Lepore
- Entangled by Traci Bell
- Compulsion by Kymberlee Burks Miller Book Spotligh...
- My Funny Valentine: America's Most Hilarious Write...
- Tariel's Way by Michael B. Millard
- Ever Heard of Wine.com?
- Slide by Jill Hathaway
- Wayward Son by Tom Pollack, John Loftus, Jim Alves...
- Saving June by Hannah Harrington
- Wayward Saints by Suzzy Roche
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN)
- Tempest by Julie Cross
- Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupola
- Pure By: Julianna Baggott
- The Public Defender by M. D. Cliatt GIVEAWAY!
- Scorpio Rising by Monique Domovitch Excerpt!
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
- The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Wei...
- The Complex by: Donald W. Tucker
- Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
- Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry
- Cover Adoration Dec 18, 2011
- $50 Paypal Cash Giveaway
- What Happened on Fox Street by: Tricia Springstubb...
- Mo Wren, Lost and Found by: Tricia Springstubb
- The Game of Triumphs by Laura Powell
- In Defense of Flash Fiction – What It Can Teach Yo...
- Welcome to the 12 Pearls of Christmas!
- What Martial Arts Taught me about Writing: Guest P...
- All That Bleeds by Kimberly Frost
- David Knight Guest Post!
- Real by Shelley Malcolm
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Web of Lies - My Life with a Narcissist by Sarah T...
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss by Nicole...
- Shadows and Fire by Jennifer Fales
- It's a Waverly Life by Maria Murnane
- Favorite Holidays Stories: Guest Post by Lena Gol...
- Virtual Virgin by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon
- On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker
- Jessica Rules The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
- Welcome to the 3rd Annual Pearl Girls™ 12 Pearls o...
- Review and Excerpt: In Leah's Wake by Terri Giulia...
- Poisoned Love by Caitlin Rother
- In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories by S.B. ...
- Teed Up For Love by Barbara Weitz
- Loveswept Holiday Hop 12/12-1/8
- Character Inspirations for Moonlight and Oranges-E...
- Cover Reveal!
- The Girl In The Box by Sheila Dalton
- ML Furs!
- Join Bloggers in the Paypal Cash giveaway!
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Readers
- Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
- Irises by Francisco X. Stork
- The Yoga Club by Cooper Lawrence
- No Work and All Play: Audacious Chronicles of a Ca...
- The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
- Battle For Cascadia by Kenneth Bennett
- Invisible by Jeanne Bannon
- The Best Holiday Gifts for Readers
- ARC Tour for Tempest by Julie Cross
- In Her Sights by Robin Perini Guest Post
- Don't Forget to Enter!
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett Guest Post and...
- Blue Sky Scrubs!
- Savvy Diva’s Take On…Elevator Etiquette
- Vestal Virgin: Suspense in Ancient Rome : Suzanne ...
- Review and Giveaway of A New Prospect by Wayne Zur...
- Book Lover's Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Carving Angels Review and Guest Post by Diane Stri...
- 44 Days of Random Thoughts & Observations by Jahza...
- New Blog Design
- Angelina's Secret by Lisa J. Rogers
- ▼ December (117)