Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.
A mistake. An accident. Unwanted. Ana was never meant to be born to the Range. The people of Range have been reincarnated again and again and again for thousands of years. Then, Ana is born in the place of one of the million souls who have been reincarnated since the beginning. Some, like her best friend Sam, view Ana’s birth as a new age. Other people, like her mother, see Ana as a sign of the end. Born into an unwelcoming world, Ana must face assassins, dragons, shadow creatures, and much more, but with Sam there to help her, she might make it and even learn why she exists.
Teenagers who enjoy dystopian literature would enjoy Incarnate. Meadows’ unique writing style is direct and understandable without being obvious. The author created an idyllic world striving to move forward and protect itself in an inhospitable environment. Incarnate would be appreciated by mature readers.
Jodie Meadows earns five out of five stars from me. The author’s idea is unlike anything I have heard of and very fresh. Every character has a unique personality. Ana is a dynamic character trying to understand her existence while navigating the confusing emotions felt by a teenager in love. She works incredibly hard to live in a world that many believe she was never supposed to be born into. Readers will cheer for Ana and be excited during her successes. I am very happy this book is a trilogy; I cannot wait to read what Jodi Meadows will write next.
*Reviewed by Kristin*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- An Appetite For Murder by Lucy Burdette
- Closer by Maxine Linnell
- Treehugger by Kea Alwang
- ARC Tour for The Catastrophic History of You and M...
- Outlander Chronicles: Phoenix (Outlander Chronicle...
- Best of 2011!!! Giveaway Hop! (USA/CAN) ARC of Fae...
- Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs
- The Farsighted Holiday Whirlwind! *Leave a commen...
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN) and SWAG Giveaway (INT)
- Interview with Author Elise Stephens!
- Mid-Winter's Eve Blog Hop!
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn by James...
- Fury's Fire by Lisa Papademetriou
- Lucky by Craig Inglis, Illustrated by Richard Kins...
- The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
- Little Women and Me By: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
- Havoc by Jeff Sampson
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
- Witches of the Glass Castle by Gabriella Lepore
- Entangled by Traci Bell
- Compulsion by Kymberlee Burks Miller Book Spotligh...
- My Funny Valentine: America's Most Hilarious Write...
- Tariel's Way by Michael B. Millard
- Ever Heard of Wine.com?
- Slide by Jill Hathaway
- Wayward Son by Tom Pollack, John Loftus, Jim Alves...
- Saving June by Hannah Harrington
- Wayward Saints by Suzzy Roche
- ARC Giveaway! (USA/CAN)
- Tempest by Julie Cross
- Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupola
- Pure By: Julianna Baggott
- The Public Defender by M. D. Cliatt GIVEAWAY!
- Scorpio Rising by Monique Domovitch Excerpt!
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
- Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
- The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Wei...
- The Complex by: Donald W. Tucker
- Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
- Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry
- Cover Adoration Dec 18, 2011
- $50 Paypal Cash Giveaway
- What Happened on Fox Street by: Tricia Springstubb...
- Mo Wren, Lost and Found by: Tricia Springstubb
- The Game of Triumphs by Laura Powell
- In Defense of Flash Fiction – What It Can Teach Yo...
- Welcome to the 12 Pearls of Christmas!
- What Martial Arts Taught me about Writing: Guest P...
- All That Bleeds by Kimberly Frost
- David Knight Guest Post!
- Real by Shelley Malcolm
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- Web of Lies - My Life with a Narcissist by Sarah T...
- Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss by Nicole...
- Shadows and Fire by Jennifer Fales
- It's a Waverly Life by Maria Murnane
- Favorite Holidays Stories: Guest Post by Lena Gol...
- Virtual Virgin by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon
- On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker
- Jessica Rules The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
- Welcome to the 3rd Annual Pearl Girls™ 12 Pearls o...
- Review and Excerpt: In Leah's Wake by Terri Giulia...
- Poisoned Love by Caitlin Rother
- In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories by S.B. ...
- Teed Up For Love by Barbara Weitz
- Loveswept Holiday Hop 12/12-1/8
- Character Inspirations for Moonlight and Oranges-E...
- Cover Reveal!
- The Girl In The Box by Sheila Dalton
- ML Furs!
- Join Bloggers in the Paypal Cash giveaway!
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for Readers
- Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn
- Irises by Francisco X. Stork
- The Yoga Club by Cooper Lawrence
- No Work and All Play: Audacious Chronicles of a Ca...
- The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
- Battle For Cascadia by Kenneth Bennett
- Invisible by Jeanne Bannon
- The Best Holiday Gifts for Readers
- ARC Tour for Tempest by Julie Cross
- In Her Sights by Robin Perini Guest Post
- Don't Forget to Enter!
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett
- The Gaia Wars by Kenneth G. Bennett Guest Post and...
- Blue Sky Scrubs!
- Savvy Diva’s Take On…Elevator Etiquette
- Vestal Virgin: Suspense in Ancient Rome : Suzanne ...
- Review and Giveaway of A New Prospect by Wayne Zur...
- Book Lover's Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Carving Angels Review and Guest Post by Diane Stri...
- 44 Days of Random Thoughts & Observations by Jahza...
- New Blog Design
- Angelina's Secret by Lisa J. Rogers
- ▼ December (117)