Search This Blog

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)


Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.

But all that changes when the Lynburns return.

The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?

Goodreads Summary


The main character – Kami Glass – is like the best friend I’ve never had. She’s spunky, smart, funny, brave, adorable, and an A-type alpha. Brennan portrayed a perfect main character. She’s not the only one I loved. Everyone in the cast made me laugh and smile. The whole book was a sarcastic humor cycle and that captivated me into the plot even more. I could relate with some of the characters, which made the book that much more fun to read. Sometimes, everyone is pleasant to read about, but if I relate to it, it takes the book to a whole new level. If you were to say “what’s your favorite point in the whole book” I’d have to say the relationship between the characters.

Don’t get me wrong, even if the chemistry between characters wasn’t so good, the plot is excellent. There is mystery at every turn; I never really knew where the plot would take us. It’s not as predictable as I first thought. Twists and turns in every corner, they sucked me in at every page and I couldn’t stop! Other reviews say a star is lost because of the ending. I agree with their points, but not enough to take a star away. Everything about the book screams 5 stars. The ending, to put it lightly, is unfair. It’s one of those books where the climax is the ending and you end up saying “NOOOO! BUT WHAT HAPPENS?!” I’m definitely picking up the next one, and you should too!

5 Stars


*Reviewed by Rachel*



Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

1 comments:

  1. Favorite book that I have read this year so far. In a while, actually. Best characters that I can remember. Awesome story, fantastic setting. Awesome characters!! I adored this book from beginning to end. October is entirely too far away. Kami and Jared!! NOOOO!!! Love it, love it, love it. Can't say that I have ever had an author crush, but I do now!