The Watch Dog by Sandy Lo: Interview and Giveaway!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 1:09 AM Tuesday, November 20, 2012
1. What can the reader look forward to from The Watch Dog?
Readers can look forward to a heartfelt story with multidimensional characters. I want each reader to take away something special from this book. There are parts to make people laugh, parts to make them cry, and parts to warm their heart.
2. Garrett seems like a complicated character, was it difficult to write about him or construct his character?
Garrett was difficult to create at first. I couldn't get past his closed mind and anger to dig deeper. It wasn't until I wrote those first scenes with him interacting with the ghost dog, Brownie, that I figured him out. It became easier and easier to understand him after that. By the end of the book, I felt like he was my best friend even though I would have steered clear of him in the beginning.
3. What was your favorite scene to write about?
This is a hard question to answer! I loved writing the ghostly scenes because it was something new for me and that sort of thing fascinates me. One of my favorite scenes, though, is when Garrett finds Cori's dog in the middle of the night. I love how tough Cori tries to be around Garrett and how his remorse for bullying her starts to show through.
4. Would you ever consider becoming a character in this book? If so, who?
I would love to be Cori. I want to be able to sing like her! I like how sassy and sweet she is. I also wouldn't mind being Garrett's boss, Luanne. She has a fun personality, even if she is a little crazy at times.
5. Were there any characters particularly easy or hard to write about?
Pastor Philip was fairly easy to write since he was based off one of my best friends. However, it also became difficult to write him because Garrett doesn't like Philip in the book. Since Garrett is the main character, sometimes his views can become the reader's views and I don't want anyone dislike Philip!
6. What can we look forward to from you next?
I have quite a few books in the works, but next I'm focusing on another part of The Dream Catchers Series. Writing that series is like getting together with old friends so I'm looking forward to it. After that, I have a few supernatural stories I've been holding onto over the years that I plan to work on. I am also pondering a sequel to The Watch Dog, so we'll see!
“The Watch Dog” is available now on Amazon & Lulu. For more info and excerpts: www.sandy-lo.com.
GIVEAWAY: One paperback copy of The Watch Dog! Please leave a comment with your email address stating what you're looking forward to in this book!
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Christmas Giveaway Books Hop!!!
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Regine’s Book: A Teen Girl’s Last Words By: Regine...
- Poseidon and the Sea of Fury Book Blast and Giveaw...
- Almost Christmas Giveaway!!! (INT)
- That's a loaded question. So many ways to answer...
- Keegan's Chronicles Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Courting Cate by Leslie Gould
- First Time: The Legend of Garison Fitch: Book Blas...
- HarperCollins News!
- Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi
- The Consul General's Wife by Aliefka Bijlsma
- Crossroads Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Bluff by Lenore Skomal
- Breaking Through the Spiral Ceiling by Laura L May...
- Dead Running by Cami Checketts
- Queen of the Waves by Janice Thompson
- Secrets by Tim Mettey
- Seeker of Shadows by Nancy Gideon
- Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett
- The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann
- Wisteria Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Dreaming of Summer Giveaway Hop! -- US / CAN
- Adrift In the Sound by Kate Campbell
- Mona Lisa's Room: Excerpt and Giveaway (INT)!
- Ava's Pleasure Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Wildflower Blog Tour: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Strangers in the Land (The Zombie Bible) by Stant ...
- The Watch Dog by Sandy Lo: Interview and Giveaway!...
- Breathless Press Shout-Out and Giveaway!
- Brochure Printing at PrintRunner!
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
- RaShelle Workman: Interview and Giveaway (link at...
- Highland Magic Excerpt and Giveaway (INT)!
- A Merry Little Christmas by: Anita Higman
- Aliefka Bijlsma: Interview and Book Feature!
- GPS With Benefits Shout-Out!
- The Archived By: Victoria Schwab
- Romeo Redeemed By: Stacey Jay
- The Making of Us By: Lisa Jewell
- Between You and Me By: Emma McLaughlin and Nicole ...
- Thankful for Books Giveaway!
- The Random Book About the Power of ANYone by Talia...
- The Masada Protocol by Lee Brand
- The Door in the Sky by Sandy Klein Bernstein
- The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
- Targets of Deception by Jeffrey S. Stephens
- Shadow City by Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Hocus Pocus Hotel by Michael Dahl
- Glass Heart by Amy Garvey
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- Sutton by J.R. Moehringer
- Forgotten Lyrics Free Ebook Promo!
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
- Becoming your Best Self: The Guide to Clarity, Ins...
- The Memory Jar (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelor by...
- Breathe by Sarah Crossan
- Shadowlands by Kate Brian
- The Emerald Talisman Promotion!
- Massive 23 Book Giveaway! US/CAN
- Secrets of the Red Box Book Blast and Giveaway!
- The Miracle Inspector By Helen Smith
- Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway: Review and Giveaw...
- Deity by Jennifer L Armentrout
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
- ▼ November (66)