Search This Blog

The Emerald Talisman Promotion!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012



After the birth of my second son in 2008, my toddler (his older brother) was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. The grief after hearing something like that was up there with cancer. So, instead of falling into a hole of depression from being isolated at home with a newborn and endless therapy sessions for my oldest, I wrote a book.

The vampire craze had just begun, and I’d started to read Twilight, but for some reason, Stephenie’s words (like many other authors I know) tickled my imagination to what my vampire story would be. Being the endless romantic, the “knight on the white horse” has always been my pretend scenario and the redwood forest of the Santa Cruz mountains were perfect for someone to be rescued from. That’s how the cliff scene was born, and Nicholas (who was formerly Andrew) was my ½ vampire hero (which I thought was brilliant, until I discovered lots of other books with ½ breeds in them). There’s nothing like first love either, so writing YA felt natural to me. From there I wrote with wild abandon as the ideas popped in my mind. In four short months, I’d finished and was sure it was a masterpiece. Boy was I wrong. I’d made all the newbie mistakes, but after help with editing from a writer friend and entering the manuscript in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel award contest, my courage grew and I’ve never looked back.
I wish I could write like that now, but my newly trained internal editor doesn’t shut-up. And with each new book, I strive I improve. It’s exciting to finish and nerve-racking to release. I never ever really feel truly finished as the next novel starts up from where the other left off. It’s fun, it’s a rush, it’s stressful, but most important it’s the best job I’ve ever loved.


Find Brenda Online:

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Order the Audiobook Online:

Amazon | Audible




Author Bio:

Brenda Pandos lives in California with her husband and two boys. She attempts to balance her busy life filled with writing, being a mother and wife, and spending time with friends and family. Working formerly as an I.T. Administrator, she never believed her imagination would be put to good use. After her son was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder her life completely changed. Writing paranormal romance became something she could do at home while tending to the new needs of her family, household, and herself.

Three years later, Brenda now has five books published, The Talisman Trilogy: The Emerald Talisman, The Sapphire Talisman, and The Onyx Talisman, and Mer Tales: Everblue and Evergreen. She is currently working on the third book of Mer Tales, Everlost, coming February 2013.


0 comments: