The Emerald Talisman Promotion!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 12:07 AM Wednesday, November 7, 2012
After the birth of my second son in 2008, my toddler (his older brother) was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. The grief after hearing something like that was up there with cancer. So, instead of falling into a hole of depression from being isolated at home with a newborn and endless therapy sessions for my oldest, I wrote a book.
The vampire craze had just begun, and I’d started to read Twilight, but for some reason, Stephenie’s words (like many other authors I know) tickled my imagination to what my vampire story would be. Being the endless romantic, the “knight on the white horse” has always been my pretend scenario and the redwood forest of the Santa Cruz mountains were perfect for someone to be rescued from. That’s how the cliff scene was born, and Nicholas (who was formerly Andrew) was my ½ vampire hero (which I thought was brilliant, until I discovered lots of other books with ½ breeds in them). There’s nothing like first love either, so writing YA felt natural to me. From there I wrote with wild abandon as the ideas popped in my mind. In four short months, I’d finished and was sure it was a masterpiece. Boy was I wrong. I’d made all the newbie mistakes, but after help with editing from a writer friend and entering the manuscript in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel award contest, my courage grew and I’ve never looked back.
I wish I could write like that now, but my newly trained internal editor doesn’t shut-up. And with each new book, I strive I improve. It’s exciting to finish and nerve-racking to release. I never ever really feel truly finished as the next novel starts up from where the other left off. It’s fun, it’s a rush, it’s stressful, but most important it’s the best job I’ve ever loved.
Find Brenda Online:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
Order the Audiobook Online:
Amazon | Audible
Brenda Pandos lives in California with her husband and two boys. She attempts to balance her busy life filled with writing, being a mother and wife, and spending time with friends and family. Working formerly as an I.T. Administrator, she never believed her imagination would be put to good use. After her son was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder her life completely changed. Writing paranormal romance became something she could do at home while tending to the new needs of her family, household, and herself.
Three years later, Brenda now has five books published, The Talisman Trilogy: The Emerald Talisman, The Sapphire Talisman, and The Onyx Talisman, and Mer Tales: Everblue and Evergreen. She is currently working on the third book of Mer Tales, Everlost, coming February 2013.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Christmas Giveaway Books Hop!!!
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Regine’s Book: A Teen Girl’s Last Words By: Regine...
- Poseidon and the Sea of Fury Book Blast and Giveaw...
- Almost Christmas Giveaway!!! (INT)
- That's a loaded question. So many ways to answer...
- Keegan's Chronicles Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Courting Cate by Leslie Gould
- First Time: The Legend of Garison Fitch: Book Blas...
- HarperCollins News!
- Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi
- The Consul General's Wife by Aliefka Bijlsma
- Crossroads Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Bluff by Lenore Skomal
- Breaking Through the Spiral Ceiling by Laura L May...
- Dead Running by Cami Checketts
- Queen of the Waves by Janice Thompson
- Secrets by Tim Mettey
- Seeker of Shadows by Nancy Gideon
- Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett
- The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann
- Wisteria Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Dreaming of Summer Giveaway Hop! -- US / CAN
- Adrift In the Sound by Kate Campbell
- Mona Lisa's Room: Excerpt and Giveaway (INT)!
- Ava's Pleasure Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Wildflower Blog Tour: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Strangers in the Land (The Zombie Bible) by Stant ...
- The Watch Dog by Sandy Lo: Interview and Giveaway!...
- Breathless Press Shout-Out and Giveaway!
- Brochure Printing at PrintRunner!
- Gratitude Giveaway Hop!
- The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
- RaShelle Workman: Interview and Giveaway (link at...
- Highland Magic Excerpt and Giveaway (INT)!
- A Merry Little Christmas by: Anita Higman
- Aliefka Bijlsma: Interview and Book Feature!
- GPS With Benefits Shout-Out!
- The Archived By: Victoria Schwab
- Romeo Redeemed By: Stacey Jay
- The Making of Us By: Lisa Jewell
- Between You and Me By: Emma McLaughlin and Nicole ...
- Thankful for Books Giveaway!
- The Random Book About the Power of ANYone by Talia...
- The Masada Protocol by Lee Brand
- The Door in the Sky by Sandy Klein Bernstein
- The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
- Targets of Deception by Jeffrey S. Stephens
- Shadow City by Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Hocus Pocus Hotel by Michael Dahl
- Glass Heart by Amy Garvey
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- Sutton by J.R. Moehringer
- Forgotten Lyrics Free Ebook Promo!
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
- Becoming your Best Self: The Guide to Clarity, Ins...
- The Memory Jar (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelor by...
- Breathe by Sarah Crossan
- Shadowlands by Kate Brian
- The Emerald Talisman Promotion!
- Massive 23 Book Giveaway! US/CAN
- Secrets of the Red Box Book Blast and Giveaway!
- The Miracle Inspector By Helen Smith
- Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway: Review and Giveaw...
- Deity by Jennifer L Armentrout
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
- ▼ November (66)