Search This Blog

The Girl Who was Supposed to Die by April Henry

Thursday, July 11, 2013

“Take her out back and finish her off.”

She doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know where she is, or why. All she knows when she comes to in a ransacked cabin is that there are two men arguing over whether or not to kill her.

And that she must run.

In her riveting style, April Henry crafts a nail-biting thriller involving murder, identity theft, and biological warfare. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion), as they race against the clock to stay alive.

Goodreads Blurb


I was never bored when reading The Girl Who was supposed to Die.  A girl (Cady) wakes up knowing she is in danger and must run if she hopes to survive.  This girl does not know who she is or why the men want her dead.  Surviving with the help of Ty, a boy who understands dangerous situations, and a few others, she will uncover her past.  I will not write anymore about the plot; there is too much I could accidentally give away.
April Henry created good characters and bad characters.  By this I mean that some of the characters were excellent, believable, and interesting.  Cady and Ty are two such characters.  Cady is strong-willed, brave, and kicks-butt.  Ty is smart and has a good heart.  Other characters, such as the baddies, lacked depth and seemed fake; they had no real drive or purpose.
The Girl Who was supposed to Die is fast-paced and would be loved by teen readers.  I could easily imagine April Henry’s work being devoured by friends of mine who love mystery and action.

4 Stars

*Reviewed by Kristin*


Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
Amazon
Book Depository





This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

6 comments:

  1. Christina said...:

    This sounds really good! Thanks for the review.

  1. Completely agree, I couldn't put this book down. I loved every single page of it. I liked Cady and Ty a lot and loved the plot!

    great review,
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

  1. Anonymous said...:

    erm what is this?

    I think im in love


    with the blurb :|

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I prefer the classic, paperback, I just love the feel and smell of it. Thanks for the giveaways. Viviana O.

  1. Susan T. said...:

    This sounds like an exciting book that doesn't require too much thought. Sometimes that is exactly what I want!

  1. Berenice said...:

    I love the title and cover. They definitely grab ones attention. Fantastic review! I love that the main characters in the novel are tough and smart. I'm definitely going to add this one to my 'to-read' list. Thank you! =D