Search This Blog

Textbook Rental for College Students

Thursday, July 19, 2012


If you are a college student trying to save that extra penny, Campus Book Rentals may be the way to go.  I am currently in college and know that books can cost over $850+ if you have to buy them for every class; you may also get stuck with the new books...no "used" books left.  For example, I had to buy a Physics book that cost me $225.  If I had thought to rent the book here, I may have spent as low as $67. 14. 

Now that I am slightly older...and wiser (I hope), I realize that I should have been renting my books all along.  The process is amazingly simple.  Select the books you need, be sure to check the edition number, and proceed to check-out.  In the case of Campus Book Rentals, shipping is free to receive and return the book.  If you're not satisfied with your order, you may return the book(s) within 30 days.  Need to ask a question?  Try their live customer support.  The buyer may also choose from several fixed time periods for the duration of their book(s): quarter, semester, or summer.  There is another option available as well; the buyer may decide exactly how long he/she keeps the book.  The latter option is invaluable when you are studying for the MCAT, DAT, GMAT, etc... 

To date, I have rented 19 books and have been 100% satisfied.  I'm happy that I don't have to worry about selling back my books at a huge loss and my parents and I are both happy about saving money.  Eliminate the hassle of having to trek to the bookstore or camping out to get a few of the coveted "used" copies; next time you need to buy a textbook, try renting!



I have received compensation for this post, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.  Images belong to Campus Book Rentals : http://www.campusbookrentals.com/

4 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    The university I attended for my undergrad had a textbook rental service for all students. At the beginning of each semester you would just go to textbook rental and they would get you the books you needed for each of your classes. Everyone paid one flat fee of about $99 a semester. You returned the books at the end of the semester and didn't have to pay any extra unless the book was damaged or you wanted to keep it for some reason. It made things SO easy!!!!

  1. Cyn said...:

    That sounds nice.

  1. Wow! I wish my daughter's college had this.

  1. Unknown said...:


    Howdy! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great info you’ve here on this post. I can be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.
    GMAT Coaching in chennai
    GRE Coaching in chenni