Search This Blog

Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.
The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....
Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.


Goodreads Summary

*spoilers if you haven't read the first two*

In this final novel in the Firelight series, Jacinda must make a decision between Will and Cassian.  She has a lot on her plate; she must also deal with Miram's capture and somehow formulate a plan to retrieve her. 

The situation between Cassian, Jacinda, and Will is very awkward.  Cassian and Jacinda still retain a bond between them that allows them to feel what the other is experiencing.  Jacinda does appear more mature than in the previous two novels, but is still extremely annoying when it comes to being decisive with her love interests.  Her character is still a very impressive strong female lead, but The reader will most likely want her to hurry up and choose already.  Will is sometimes distant in this novel while Cassian appears more "on."  Cassian's desire to save his family is honorable and he continues to act with honor throughout the novel.  Will is slightly moodier and refuses to let Jacinda go, at times.  It was difficult to let go of Will and Cassian at the conclusion of the novel.

The focus is definitely on the love triangle, but the author doesn't spend too much time on that aspect.  Instead, Miram's retrieval as well as a few other surprises are carefully concocted.  There is plenty of action and surprises to keep the reader occupied.  When Jacinda's plot to save Miram is put into play the book is impossible to put down.  There are a few new characters introduced and the reader will love getting to meet a few that stand out.  Sophie Jordan does a terrific job of holding the readers' attention.  The ending is perfect, just enough so that the reader doesn't feel cheated.  The majority of the plot is resolved, there are a few points left up to the reader.  This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.

4 Stars


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

11 comments:

  1. I am excited for this one, but I was hoping the love triangle would not be as prominent. IDK I kinda got the impression she had made her decision, but oh well, I'm sure I will still enjoy it.

    Great Review

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

  1. This is the first time I am hearing about this series. I have to check them out. Thanks for sharing your review.

  1. I have yet to read the Firelight series and was quickly drawn to it with this book. Thanks for sharing your input!

  1. I love dragon books! I have not read the series but I am so glad you enjoyed it. I will soon :)

  1. ahh, I can't believe this is the end for this series. I loved the earlier books and though I usually shy away from triangles, I really enjoyed both Will and Cassian. Great review, can't wait to read this

  1. Lauren said...:

    I can't wait for this to come out!

  1. Jenna D. said...:

    I'm glad to see reviews for this book popping up recently. :) I can't wait to read it myself! :) Thanks for the review.

  1. Lili said...:

    I really have been wanting to read this series, but I'm incredibly wary of love triangles. However, you gave it 4 stars, so I think I have to give this series a chance if it's still enjoyable and the love triangle doesn't overpower it.

  1. Unknown said...:

    Dragon books are soo cool! I havent read any yet but this series seems great!

  1. Cyn said...:

    Sounds wonderful.

  1. I still need to check out this series. I'm so glad you liked it. I'll definitely add it to my reading list. Thanks!