Search This Blog

The Beautiful Wife by Sandy Ralya

Thursday, March 29, 2012
The Beautiful Wife uses these inspiring stories along with biblical principles to guide and encourage any wife looking for God's best in her marriage. The Beautiful Wife answers serious questions women have about their roles as wives. Discussing everything from romance and money to beauty, communication, and sex, Sandy challenges women to open up and share their journeys so that together they can see God's plan for their marriages. "It is my passion to help women discover God's heart for their marriage, just as the other women helped me," writes Sandy. "When women share with each other the details of their journeys with God as wives, it's a beautiful thing indeed."

Goodreads Summary


The Beautiful Wife discusses topics such as self-care, romance, communication, truth in love, the roles of wife and mother, and choosing God’s best. The author recommends following the chapters, encouraging a small group of women who will support each other, and holding one another accountable for implementing the suggestions in the book. There are also companion books for the mentor of the small group and a prayer journal for each individual. In the journal, Bible passages for contemplation are suggested - as are prayers focusing on your husband and marriage.

Ralya’s marriage mentoring ministry would seem to be a terrific offering. I would have reservations about joining a small group and removing my “mask” as the author recommends. I think my friends like my “mask”. If I had many problems, my poor friends would probably feel helpless and embarrassed by my troubles.
However, Ralya’s insights seem to ring true. As she says, “Be direct.” Hints to my husband only frustrate good communication. Also, she suggests appreciating rather than criticizing. That realization early in my marriage helped turn frustrating moments into moments of love and laughter. These relationship tips have been suggested in thousands of books, but Ralya’s sincerity, scripture passages, and organization might win many readers over. Many women, like me, might feel more comfortable using the text and the companion books for individual reflection and study. A few less than “politically correct” comments surprised me. Some women may feel that the book puts too much emphasis on fixing ourselves - rather than on our husbands taking part in the process. However if the results are good, why worry about pointing fingers or who made more of an effort? These books, because of the author’s sincere intent, could improve the lives of married women who really wish to connect with their husbands, becoming caring partners again.

Three and a Half Stars


*Reviewed by Colleen*

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

0 comments: