Search This Blog

Into the Dark by: Stacy Green

Sunday, January 20, 2013



IT’S THE MOMENTS FROM OUR PAST THAT BIND US. 

Branch Manager Emilie Davis is having a day like any other–until two masked men storm into WestOne Bank demanding cash. Her hopes of a quick end to her terror are dashed when she realizes one of the men has no interest in the bank’s money. Emilie is his prize, and he’s come to claim her.

When hostage negotiator Nathan Madigan and Las Vegas SWAT enter the bank on a rescue mission, Emilie’s captor makes a shocking escape into the abyss that lies beneath the city: the Las Vegas storm drains, a refuge for the downtrodden and the desperate. 

HOW WILL IT END?

Who is the man the media has dubbed the “Taker?” Why is he after Emilie, and what is the connection he’s convinced they share?

Emilie can’t run from the Taker, and she can’t escape her own past. As her life closes in on her, she has nowhere to turn but to Nathan. The lines of professionalism blur as Nathan becomes determined to save Emilie. Together they venture into the depths beneath Las Vegas and discover a shocking piece of the puzzle. 

But the Taker remains one step ahead. Desperate for the threat to emerge from the shadows, Emilie makes a bold move to reclaim her life, and it may cost her everything.

Goodreads Summary



I didn’t know what to expect with Into the Dark… the cover didn’t get me into it. I thought it would just be an okay indie book. I was totally wrong! Into the Dark was a fascinating read. The main character Emilie was written extremely well, and her counterpart Nathan was a good fit for her. The chemistry between the two is explosive. I could connect with both characters and ended up rooting for them in each chapter. Nathan is such a good guy, and Emilie was kick-ass and a strong lead. The plot flowed very nicely; it was clear writing, and I was engaged the whole time. The mystery was nice; Green was very descriptive throughout the whole book.  That made it so easy to get through, and I never felt confused. The only thing I didn’t like was how easy it was to figure out the bad guy. I put the clues together very quickly, so the twist wasn’t really a twist to me.  That didn’t matter to me because I still loved how the characters got to that moment.  Into the Dark is a book I recommend for people who love adventure, mystery, a little bit of thrill and romance.

4/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That's a great review -- guess I'll be picking this up sooner rather than later.
    Thanks!

  1. CMash said...:

    Superb review. Thank you for sharing!!

  1. Krystal,

    Thanks so much for the great review. I'm so thrilled you liked the book!

  1. Unknown said...:

    Thanks for the review...the blurb seems quite interesting to me...already curious to who the Taker is..

  1. Yeah, the cover does nothing for me, but they synopsis is definitely intriguing. Indy books should not be taken for granted, I tell you. I have found some truly fantastic ones. Sounds like you have as well!