Search This Blog

My Stubborn Heart By Becky Wade

Thursday, September 13, 2012




A Sensational CBA Debut in Contemporary Romance!  This summer author Becky Wade makes her CBA debut with a fun -- and funny -- contemporary romance.  Amidst the light-hearted banter and laugh-out-loud moments is a compelling spiritual journey of one woman's choice to listen to God and wait on him.  Filled with humor and authentic romance, My Stubborn Heart is shaping up to be the hit of the summer.

Kate Donovan is burned out on work, worn down by her dating relationships, and in need of an adventure. When Kate's grandmother asks Kate to accompany her to Redbud, Pennsylvania, to restore the grand old house she grew up in, Kate jumps at the chance.

Yet, she discovers a different kind of project upon meeting the man hired to renovate the house.  Matt Jarreau is attractive and clearly wounded -- hiding from people, from God, and from his past.  Kate can't help but set her stubborn heart on bringing him out of the dark and back into the light... whether he likes it or not.

Amazon Summary


The prologue reminded me of the power of prayer.  My teens think it’s crazy that my biggest wish was to marry my idea of a wonderful guy since I was 7.  I would never have confessed that wish to anyone, but my grandma suspected it.  She told me that we should pray that I find a good, caring, (add adjectives here) boy to marry.  I did – and so does Kate Donovan…eventually.
First, the poor girl has to survive guys who want no commitment, who are still looking for someone better.  Luckily, she has “the seniors” to help her, especially her grandmother.  She also has a fun-to-read-about “grande dame” restoration as Matt Jarreau lays tile, paints, and labors to bring the family home in Redbud, Pennsylvania back to its former glory.  A chapel (with a compelling pastel glass window) on the property needs as much work as Matt does to bring him back to life after the death of his young wife.
Reading about all the sacrifices senior Morty is willing to make to capture a date with Velma was fun – his hair, his clothes, and his car.  Picturing muscled Matt taking cooking classes…and enjoying them…with Kate’s grandma made me even appreciate my home cooking.  As one friend puts it, Matt does have that whole dark, tortured thing going for him…along with a description of muscles and eyes that sound irresistible.  The tension of their attraction, thwarted by Kate’s need to keep her heart at a safe distance and Matt’s need to keep his heart from getting hurt again, kept me reading until the great ending!  I don’t think I would have been able to listen to God whispering that I should give Matt up for his hockey career.  I would have pretended to be deaf that one time!  Wade describes so thoughtfully how wanting the best for your loved ones might involve some pushing, praying, and sacrifice.  Reading the ending makes the waiting definitely worthwhile.

Five Stars

*Reviewed by Colleen*


Find this book:



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

0 comments: