Search This Blog

Children of Angels by Kathryn Dahlstrom

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dahlstrom wrote a great Christian fiction novel for teen and middle grade school aged readers.  Although I am slightly older, I still loved this book.  Jeremy has been prematurely judged and beaten down his entire life because his father is in prison.  Finally, after being attacked on his way home from his seventh grade class, Jeremy feels the urge to fly. 
    Soon after, Jeremy learns from his guardian angel, Asiel, that he is a nephilim.  This means that Jeremy is part angel.  Jeremy must learn how he came to be and fight against evil for God.  His mission into his past takes him to the Higher Humanity Institute, where he finds other kids who are like him.  Quickly, Jeremy’s journey becomes difficult.  Constant threats and danger are always with him; Jeremy turns to God for support and love to help him find his way.
    The way this book was written, I felt like I was reading the character’s thoughts.  Dahlstrom changes points of view from character to character; this aids the reader in understanding motivations and plot line.
4 Stars

*Reviewed by Kristin*

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

5 comments:

  1. Lizzy said...:

    Was this book preachy at all? I typically avoid Christian fiction for that reason, but if it isn't, I might check it out.

  1. bn100 said...:

    Nice review about the characters.

  1. Oh, these kinds of stories are great! I love the idea of being part angel. It's perfect for the imagination of a child...and I'll admit, like you, even though I'm older, I still enjoy imagining things like these. (Did I ever tell you that I wished I was a mermaid as a child? True.) Thanks for your review. :D

  1. Unknown said...:

    Not really for me but I am glad you liked it! I like the cover though!

  1. Unknown said...:

    Hmm, not convincing enough but I see it got 4 stars from you. It must be a good read.