Search This Blog

The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton

Monday, March 4, 2013

London 1872 -

A bloody escape, a deadly threat, a shocking revelation...

As an orphan who stole the Queen's ring - only to find the ring was a reservoir that held a truce between the world of Faerie and the British Court - Tiki’s greatest fear suddenly becomes all too real: the fey have returned to London seeking revenge. As war escalates in the Otherworld, Queen Victoria’s youngest son, Prince Leopold, is attacked. In order to protect her family and those she loves, Tiki needs to know the meaning of an fáinne sí, the birthmark that winds around her wrist. But will she be brave enough to face the truth
Goodreads Summary

I loved the first book of this series, The Faerie Ring, so getting my hands on the second was like drinking water when you’ve been walking in the desert for hours. I completely drank up the story. I was greedy and didn’t even talk to some of my friends while reading. I even… *sighs* I told my friend I was feeling sick in order to finish the book. Was it wrong? Yes. Do I care? Not really. It was worth it! Tiki was as lovable as she was in the first book. I can connect with her easily and find myself invested in all of the actions and decisions she makes. The romance she has with Rieker is adorable. It’s a slow relationship, but I’m okay with that; the slower pace made the relationship sweeter and helped to truly develop their feelings. Tiki and Rieker work well together and have good chemistry. They both support and care about one another and make this novel sweet to read.

The fantasy doesn’t disappoint and the plotline picks up right after the first book. Hamilton writes with vivid detail and whatever she described made me feel like I was there. I never felt bored. It was a comfortable read and I really enjoyed this book. I recommend it for young adult/teen readers who want romance, fantasy, mystery, and adventure.

5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored The Faerie Ring. I don't think it gets quite the praise that it should. I just bought The Torn Wing and I cannot wait to get to it. Especially now, after such a great review! Oh, and I have made up some pretty lame excuses so that I wouldn't have to stop reading. Totally worth it!

  1. Unknown said...:

    I love that you told your friends you were sick so you wouldn't have to stop reading. That is awesome. Must be a really great book, I will have to look into it!