Search This Blog

Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts

Monday, March 4, 2013



In this apocalyptic sequel to Dark Inside’s “well-balanced, realistic suspense” (Kirkus Reviews), four teens continue the struggle for survival as they face a world gone mad.

Aries, Clementine, Mason and Michael have survived the first wave of the apocalypse that wiped out most of the world’s population, and turned many of the rest into murderous Baggers. Now, they’re hiding out in an abandoned house in Vancouver with a ragtag group of surviving teens, and trying to figure out their next move.

Aries is trying to lead, but it’s hard to be a leader when there are no easy answers, and every move feels wrong. Clementine is desperate to find her brother Heath, but it’s impossible to know where he’d be, even if he is still alive. Michael is still haunted by the memories of his actions during his harrowing struggle to survive. And Mason is struggling with something far worse: the fear that he may be a danger to his friends.

As the Baggers begin to create a new world order, Aries, Clementine, Mason and Michael will have to trust and rely on each other in order to survive.
Goodreads Summary


Whoa… that’s the first word that needs to be in this review. It was the first thought when I ended Rage Within, as well. The plot was interesting, the characters were different than most books that are out now, and the dark theme was intense. I don’t like dark types of books… my favorite genre is romance “insta-love,” but I’m sometimes glad Krystal makes me read some of these books because I was captivated from the first chapter. There are a few things that caught me off guard, however. There is no “hero” in this book. All of the characters make life or death decisions and they aren’t always the right decisions. It’s not one of those “You’re so stupid! Of course you should have done THIS” because I would have made the same mistake though.

The plot moved at a fast pace; I was stuck on every page. Every time a character made a mistake, my inner dialoge would say, “It’s okay, next time, next time. You can do it.” Everyone tries their best and they know the danger they’re in is scarily real. There is one aspect that bothered me. I love different people’s point of view, but sometimes I became overwhelmed and confused trying to accommodate the multiple points of view in this book. I would think I was reading about one character, when it was actually another one so I had to reread that chapter. It was a setback, but I wanted to know what happened next so it didn’t bother me too much. I recommend this book 100%!

4.5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. I am really interested by the title of this book and the cover as well :) Definitely going on my TBR list!

  1. becsm said...:

    I must pick this up I loved Dark Inside and your review/ratings has just prompted me to get book buying.