Search This Blog

Secretly Smitten by Colleen Coble

Sunday, March 3, 2013



Summer, fall, winter, spring--Smitten, Vermont, is the place for love . . . and mystery!

There's a secret in Grandma Rose's attic--a forgotten set of dog tags belonging to her first love. But David Hutchins was killed in action and never returned to Smitten. How did the dog tags end up in the attic?

The mystery intrigues Rose's three granddaughters--Tess, Clare, and Zoe--and they decide to investigate, though their mother, Anna, warns against meddling. But as the seasons turn and the mystery unravels, the three young women and their mother encounter some intriguing mystery men of their own. Has a sixty-year-old puzzle sparked something new for this close-knit family of women?

Join popular romance novelists--and real-life BFFs--Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter for four delightful intertwined tales of mystery and sweet intrigue.

Goodreads Summary



This book is written in four parts, all by a different author. I haven’t read the first book in the series and I didn’t get confused or anything, so don’t worry about having to read the first book beforehand. All of the stories weren’t really different, yet they are. It is difficult to describe without giving too much of the plots away. The characters are the same, but the plot changes in a distinctive direction each time. The plots were always fun and flowed nicely together. I loved the relationships and the mystery aspect. This book made me want to have siblings that are as close as they are (I have two brothers who have nothing in common with me). It’s a cute book and something I’ll probably forget about in a few months. I’m not saying it’s a forgettable book… it’s just something that’s cute and makes you go “aw, that was nice” and put the book down. I never got bored and the suspension during the mystery portions kept me on my toes. All-around it was a nice book you can read in a few hours and I would recommend it!



5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, cool! This sounds a bit like a rashomon. I LOVE rashomons, haha. And that cover. Thanks!

  1. Unknown said...:

    This sounds like a great in-between kind of book for when you just got done with a really great book/series and you have no idea what to read next, but you do know that you aren't ready to leap into anything intense again yet! Thanks for your review! Sounds like a really cute book.