Search This Blog

Starflower by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Sunday, March 3, 2013




When a cursed dragon-witch kidnaps the lovely Lady Gleamdren, Eanrin sets boldly forth on a rescue mission...and a race against his rival for Gleamdren's favor. Intent upon his quest, the last thing the immortal Faerie needs is to become mixed up with the troubles of an insignificant mortal. 
But when he stumbles upon a maiden trapped in an enchanted sleep, he cannot leave her alone in the dangerous Wood Between. One waking kiss later, Eanrin suddenly finds his story entangled with that of young Starflower. A strange link exists between this mortal girl and the dragon-witch. Will Starflower prove the key to Lady Gleamdren's rescue? Or will the dark power from which she flees destroy both her and her rescuer?

Goodreads Summary



Starflower is my type of book! Fantasy, damsel in distress, knight in shining armor… *sighs*…these are all covered in this novel. Let’s start with the character, Starflower. I want her as my best friend. She’s such a wonderful person who I want to hug and take home with me. The main hero, Eanrin, is a kick-ass lead and someone I also want to keep in my pocket. Both characters work so well together, this book is not only based off of fantasy, but romance as well. It’s like a big ball of happy that will distract the reader for a while! The plot moved at a nice pace. I wasn’t bored at all… Stengl paints a beautiful fantasy life and every page is an unusual mystery. I loved the imagery she shares with her readers; I was engaged in every scene between Starflower (which is an awesome name, by the way) and Eanrin. Twists and turns were everywhere! There wasn’t a ton of action, so if you’re digging fast pace OH MY GOD THIS HAPPENED you’re not going to get that. It’s just a nice, sweet fairytale that I recommend for any readers who love getting lost in places that they wish existed.


4/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. Fairies and witches and dragons, oh my!!! This is SOOOO my kind of book. Thanks!

  1. Unknown said...:

    This books sounds awesome! I love everything about the description, from the fantasy aspect to the kick-ass hero to the twists and turns everywhere. To the top of my TBR list it shall go! Thanks for the review.