Search This Blog

The Intercept by Dick Wolf

Monday, March 4, 2013

Days before the July Fourth holiday and the dedication of One World Trade Center at Ground Zero, an incident aboard a commercial jet over the Atlantic Ocean reminds everyone that vigilance is not a task to be taken lightly. But for iconoclastic New York Police detective Jeremy Fisk, it may also be a signal that there is much more to this case than the easy answer: that this is just the work of another lone terrorist.

Fisk—from the department’s Intelligence Division, a well-funded anti-terror unit modeled upon the CIA—suspects that the event might also be a warning sign that another, potentially more extraordinary scheme has been set in motion. Fluent in Arabic and the ways of his opponents, Fisk is a rule breaker who follows his gut—even if it means defying those above him in the department’s food chain. So when a passenger from the same plane, a Saudi Arabian national, disappears into the crowds of Manhattan, it’s up to Fisk and his partner Krina Gersten to find him before the celebrations begin.

Watching each new lead fizzle, chasing shadows to dead ends, Fisk and Gersten quickly realize that their opponents are smarter and more agile than any they have ever faced. Extremely clever and seemingly invisible, they are able to exploit any security weakness and anticipate Fisk’s every move. And time is running out.


Goodreads Summary




The Intercept is quite a thriller. The book is about stopping terrorism and it’s definitely a page-turner. I hear that Wolf used to write for Law and Order and that experience shows in his books. The plot isn’t cliché; nothing made me go “I’ve seen that before in an episode”. It was original and very fun to get through. First off, the characters were likable and nice to read about. They all had goals they worked towards and, in order to achieve that goal, they had to put their minds together and utilize teamwork. Wolf spent a lot of time developing the main characters and even some of the second characters-this was not time wasted. I cheered for them and every time something bad happened, I knew they would come to the rescue and figure it out.

The plot was fast paced and action-packed. Every page was a mystery that the reader had to unravel to continue reading. I was surprised by many events in the story; nothing was predictable. Believe me, I tried to think what the ending would be multiple times, but Wolf kept me on my toes. Transitioning from television to books was a great switch for this author. Wolf’s choice of words and easy-to-follow plotline made this book that much more enjoyable. This book is recommended to adult readers.

5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Blogger10 said...:

    Nice review! I also enjoyed this one, but I did find a major part of the ending (who the "villian" was) to be predictable. Luckily it was still a good enough book that I didn't lose much enjoyment from that.

  1. mnleona said...:

    I liked this book even though this is not the type of book I usually read.
    Good review.

  1. Unknown said...:

    Wow, so it is the same Dick Wolf as Law and Order. I knew I recognized the name as soon as I saw this post, but I figured it was just coincidence. Thanks for the review, I will have to check this out!