Search This Blog

Harbour Falls by S.R. Grey

Sunday, March 3, 2013



Best-selling author Maddy Fitch, researching material for a new novel, returns to her hometown of Harbour Falls to investigate a disappearance that has haunted the tiny Maine coastal town for the past four years. Maddy soon discovers that the case has gone cold, but the prime suspect, Adam Ward, is hotter than ever. Now living on an isolated island, Maddy takes up residence near the sexy Mr. Ward's home. As she begins to seek out answers, the mystery deepens, putting Maddy in jeopardy. 
Lies, secrets, deceptions. Nothing is ever what it seems in Harbour Falls. 

Goodreads Summary





The characters in Harbour Falls were very nice to read about. The main character, Maddy, is a best-selling author who returns to her hometown to write an intriguing mystery based on fact. She wants to write a novel about a strange happening in her town, so she moves in and tries her hardest to find clues. She meets one of her high school crushes, Adam, and they hit it off almost right away. I liked both of them together. I think the chemistry is there and the tension was just right. I didn’t like how much they lied to each other though. Everyone on the island was hiding something which made the mystery intriguing; however, lying at every turn was a little hard for me to accept. I could sometimes understand why, but after a while it got old and I didn’t respect Maddy for it. Then again, that’s what makes a mystery novel. No one is who they really seem to be. Dun, dun, DUUUUUUN!!

The plotline moved at a nice pace. Again, the tension was thick, but not “gagging thick,” at all. It was a romance novel mixed with mystery that kept me engaged and on my toes. Every page had something to offer; there were little twists and turns everywhere! I never knew where the book would take me. This book would be great for adult readers.



5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, not a huge fan of mysteries. This does sound good, though. I LOVE the cover. Ususally don't like kissy covers, but this one is cool.

  1. Unknown said...:

    I used to love mysteries, but lately I have only been reading YA with a few chick lit mixed in. I love this cover, and it sounds pretty good so maybe this is the book to get me back into mysteries!