Search This Blog

All Seeing Eye by Rob Thurman

Sunday, March 3, 2013


Picking up a small pink shoe from the grass forever changed young Jackson Lee’s life. Not only did its presence mean that his sister Tessa was dead—murdered and stuffed in the deep, black water of a narrow well—but the shoe itself told him so.

Tessa’s death triggers an even more horrific family massacre that, combined with this new talent he neither wants nor can handle, throws Jack’s life into a tailspin. The years quickly take him from state homes to the streets to grifting in a seedy carnival, until he finally becomes the cynical All Seeing Eye, psychic-for-hire. At last, Jackson has left his troubled past behind him and found a semblance of peace.

That is, until the government blackmails him. Helping the military contain the aftermath of a bizarre experiment gone violently wrong, everything Jackson knows about himself will change just as suddenly as it did with his little sister’s shoe.

And while change is constant...It’s never for the better.


Goodreads Summary




When Jackson Lee was 14 years old, he was taking care of his younger siblings because his mother wasn’t around to parent and his stepfather neglected and abused them. One day, Jackson sees a little pink shoe. While picking it up, he sees his little sister murdered in a well. His family is devastated and decides to make him an orphan (out of fear). He makes some friends at the orphanage, but after a while decides to run away. Throughout the rest of his adolescent life, he pick-pockets and tries to survive on pretty much nothing. Fast-forward to him as an adult, he starts a psychic business and makes a living off of that. Unknowingly, he catches the attention of the military, who figures out that he’s not a run-of-the-mill fake psychic. Jackson is then brought into situations he wants to get out of. His life took another turn…for the better or worse is for the reader to decide and the reader gets to discover how he handles his new adventure.

I loved this book! It has a ton of action and the characters were very interesting. I was always kept on my toes throughout the whole book. Every page was addicting and I was lost in my own little world. It’s a book that I can reread and still find thrilling. I feel in love with all of the characters and felt pain whenever Jackson did as well. He’s a tad emotionally broken and it’s hard to see such a great kid grow up to be cold. Once we really get to know him, he warms up and has feelings that he would like to keep under lock and key. He’s very personable and I wish I could meet him and give him a hug. The plot moved at a fast(ish) pace. I never skipped or skimmed scenes; I was captivated the whole time. I even looked at the clock once and said to myself “Wow… it’s been 5 hours already?” I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys action thrillers. I hope you take my suggestion and read All Seeing Eye.

5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    I had never heard of this book, but it sounds interesting. And I absolutely love it when I read a book and I would actually like to meet the character. The downside to that it you can't meet the character because they don't exist!

  1. I honestly don't think I could. It sounds so incredibly dark. And I'm just not a fan of all that. Perhaps. I'll look into it.