Search This Blog

Firefly Island by Lisa Wingate

Sunday, March 3, 2013



Lisa Wingate Is a Top Name in Inspirational Contemporary Romance
At thirty-four, congressional staffer Mallory Hale is about to embark on an adventure completely off the map. After a whirlwind romance, she is hopelessly in love with two men--fortunately, they're related. Daniel Everson and his little boy, Nick, are a package deal, and Mallory suddenly can't imagine her future without them.
Mallory couldn't be more shocked when Daniel asks her to marry him, move to Texas, and form a family with him and motherless Nick. The idea is both thrilling and terrifying.
Mallory takes a leap of faith and begins a sweet, mishap-filled journey into ranch living, Moses Lake society, and a marriage that at times reminds her of the mail-order-bride stories. But despite the wild adventure of her new life, she discovers secrets and questions beneath her rosy new life. Can she find answers on Firefly Island, a little chunk of property just off the lakeshore, where mysterious lights glisten at night?


Goodreads Summary





Mallory Hale received what every woman pretty much wants, an “insta-love” man. They might not want the package deal – I don’t want to take care of a kid at the moment – but it’s what Mallory gets when she falls in love with Daniel. Throughout this story, the reader sees her grow used to her country life and grow as a person. The new chapter in her life is fun to read about and makes for a cute story I recommend.

First off, the characters, Mallory and Daniel, have great chemistry. I really saw how much they cared for each other and how happy their relationship could be. Again, it’s pretty much “insta-love,” so it’s not like there’s a leading moment of “oh my gosh, I love him!” Daniel’s son is cute; he’s a child the reader might want to raise and Mallory does a great job of it. At first, it’s a shaky life (it’s very different than the big city she’s used to), but she fits in quite well after a while. The plotline moved at a nice pace, the characters made it an enjoyable ride. I felt really connected to all of them. Nothing about the plot was abrupt or made me feel uneasy or out of place. It was a nice story that I’ll keep on my shelf for rainy days. It shows me that I’m not good for country life… seriously, someone will have to force me. I love the city! Being out of place really stinks unless you’re 100% dedicated, so I give Mallory a lot of respect.



5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

1 comments:

  1. My thoughts while reading the blurb:

    "Oh great, a love triangle."
    "Fortunately? How is it fortunate to be in love with family members?!"
    "Oh. A kid. Haha, all right then. That sounds cute!"

    Thanks for the review!