Search This Blog

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Saturday, January 18, 2014



The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Timesbestselling Through the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.

Goodreads Summary


This book constitutes the last installment of this series.  I really liked the first two and I did enjoy this one, but this one has a different tone and feel about it that is hard to explain.  I still liked Aria's character; she did grow throughout the novels.  Perry surprised me at parts; I thought I had him figured out, but I didn't at all.  Cinder has always been a great friend to them and they are bound on rescuing him.  The group is torn due to Cinder's abduction.  What will happen if they don't find the key to the Still Blue?

I liked the fast-paced action and how much care the author clearly put into forming the actions the characters made during the book.  I loved the dialogue and the meaning behind some of their arguments.  I was disappointed in the ending because there seemed to be a lot of "whelp, this is the end now," going on.  The ending just wasn't satisfying for me.  This book is recommended to young adult/teen readers.

4 Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

7 comments:

  1. Isabel C said...:

    I read Into the Still Blue a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it! It did feel a little different, but it was still good in my opinion.

  1. Sorry you didn't love this. I really did. I love this series and loved how Aria and Perry came into their own as leaders in this one.

  1. mariska said...:

    I still should read it the second and after that one this book. I loved the first in this serie. So I hope I will love the other books in this serie as well.

    Mariska

  1. I haven't gotten this far in the series, but I'll keep it in mind not to have too high expectations for the very end so I won't be disappointed. Thanks!

  1. Berenice said...:

    I own the first two books in the series but haven't even begun reading them. I've heard such great things on this series and I can't wait to start reading it soon. I'm in love with the covers! Fantastic review, thank you! =)

  1. Unknown said...:

    I still need to read this book! Awesome review!

  1. THIS is why I haven't read it yet. This series is one of my favorites ever, and my expectations are through the roof for this final book. I have heard some disappointing things and that scares me. I will absolutely read it, I am just being a big old wuss!