The Nerd Girls are back. And though they seek to leave behind all the drama with the popular girls, the ThreePees feel they have a score to settle with the Nerds and will stop at nothing to do so. Fed up with the perpetual infighting, the school principal insists that if the two groups want to continue to “compete” with one another, they will do so in a productive manner and thus forces all six girls, Nerd Girls and ThreePees, to participate in the Academic Septhalon. But Maureen has family troubles. And issues of self-esteem. And a desire to bury her head in the sand and pretend that all of the very real issues she’s facing as a kid who is now growing up are not really happening to her. Are cupcakes, a sarcastic sense of humor and a hope that it will all “just go away” on its own enough to get Maureen through eighth grade? Will Beanpole wake up and smell the coffee? Will Alice really be able to cure herself of the allergies that plague her? It’s the Return of the Nerd Herd, a fast-paced, funny, foray back into the lives of the three nerds we got to know and love in Nerd Girls Book I: The Rise of the Dorkasaurus
The nerd girls are back and funnier than ever. The reader will meet Beanpole, Alice, and Maureen once again and in amusing circumstances. Will Alice poison herself through scientific experiment? Will Maureen step up and be a leader? Will Beanpole learn to stick up for herself? These questions are mostly answered in this next book in the series.
The nerd girls worst nightmare has come true, they must work together with the ThreePees in an Academic Septatholon. There is scoffing on both sides; the nerd girls believe the ThreePees will hinder their chances at winning and the ThreePees hate being seen with the nerd girls. Can the two groups ever reconcile? They don't have any help from their supposed supervisor the vice president, can they pull this off?
Overall, anyone who enjoyed the first book in the series will love this book. The characters are likable and easy to relate to. They all have different traits that make them stick out. It is often hard to enjoy a book with so many main characters, but the author does a great job. The scenes flow, no awkward transitions or unexplained events. The ending could have been a little more of a surprise, but it was a worthwhile read.
Find this book:
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (329)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Summer Giveaway Hop!
- 23rd Birthday (Rachel's!) Giveaway!
- Hidden by Sophie Jordan
- Let's Hear It For Almigal Guest Post and Giveaway!...
- Huge Book Giveaway!
- Lazy Days Giveaway!
- Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
- Death of a Kleptomaniac by Kristen Tracy
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
- Destiny by Gillian Shields
- Once by Anna Carey
- Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin
- Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truit
- Arson by Estevan Vega: Review and Giveaway!
- Spotlight Giveaway by Author Rebecca Royce
- Gift That Lasts
- Beyond Cover Reveal!
- Book Pushalooza!
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Marisette Burges...
- Anything But Ordinary by Lara Avery
- The Playdate by Louise Millar
- Dumb History: The Stupidest Mistakes Ever Made by ...
- Tales of the Not Forgotten by Beth Guckenberger
- Obsidian Ebook Giveaway (INT)!
- Love Finds You in Mackinac Island, Michigan by: Me...
- Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer...
- Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard Giveaway by Aut...
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lorin Barber
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: Review and Gi...
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Julie Helm
- Vacation Reads Giveaway!
- Ghost Crown by J. Gabriel Gates; Charlene Keel
- Guest Post and $25 Giftcard (of your choosing!-com...
- Textbook Rental for College Students
- Inescapable by Nancy Mehl
- Guest Post and Giveaway (Gift Basket!) by Author P...
- Darkness Rising by Danielle Blanchard Benson Book ...
- Carnival Girl: Searching for God in the Aftermath ...
- Absolute Boyfriend Series Giveaway!
- Dark Territory by Charlene Keel and J. Gabriel Gat...
- Summoned by Susan Leigh Noble Guest Post and Inter...
- Summer Loving Giveaway!
- Naming Characters by Leia Shaw: Guest Post and $25...
- Dead End Deal by Allen Wyler
- Guest Post by Author Denesha Sheree!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Lonely Souls by Karice Bolton: Review and Giveaway...
- Guest Post by Author Stephanie Norris!
- Summer Reads Giveaway Hop!
- Gregory Allen - Writing Can Involve Memories
- Guest Post and Ebook Giveaway of Author Christine ...
- Hush Hush and Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick Givea...
- Undead by Kirsty McKay
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Laxmi Hariharan
- Guest post and giveaway by Author Denise Verrico!
- Books For Swap
- Guest Post and $50 INT Comment Giveaway!
- Guest Post and $25 Amazon Giftcard International G...
- Guest Post by Author Vanessa Morgan and Giveaway: ...
- Guest Post by Author Jackson Keene
- My Book of Life by Angel by Martine Leavitt
- Miss Fortune Cookie by Lauren Bjorkman
- YOU'RE INVITED TO A TEAM HUMAN TWITTER CHAT!
- Wishbone by Brooklyn Hudson Guest Post and Spotlig...
- The Hidden Life: An Amish Quilt Novel By: Adina S...
- Spark by Brigid Kemmerer
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin
- Vanishing Girls by Katia Lief
- Five Miles South of Peculiar: A Novel by Angela El...
- Tiger Lily By:Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors
- Nerd Girls (A Catastrophe of Nerdish Proportions) ...
- ▼ July (74)