Guest Post by Author Vanessa Morgan and Giveaway: Kindle or Nook ebook!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 4:00 AM Monday, July 2, 2012
To celebrate the release of author Vanessa Morgan’s new paranormal thriller A GOOD MAN, take this super fun quiz to see which character best suits you and score a Kindle or Nook version of this unforgettable vampire story!
Should you be dating Louis or Vincent?
Vincent and Louis both love to travel, have their insecurities, and are hopeless romantics—but while they share those things, Vincent is handsome and Louis is not. Vincent is in his twenties and Louis is in his fifties. Vincent loves Wax Tailor and Vitalic and Louis is all about Bach.
Take this quiz and be sure to check the bottom of the post for the details regarding this random giveaway.
1. What is your favorite book?
a. “White Nights” by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (short story) – A man is never smitten with the woman that truly loves him.
b. “Shangai Baby" by Wei Hui – Exotic, urban, steamy.
c. “Nevermore" by Kelly Creagh – Supernatural creatures exist.
d. “The Unbearable Lightness Of Being" by Milan Kundera – I think I have a dark side, but I'm positive and balanced in real life.
2. What do you want to eat tonight?
a. Spaghetti allo Scoglio - Can we go to that romantic Italian restaurant near the lake?
b. Cheese cake - Let's just grab something small before we go out.
c. Falafel and salad - Vegetarian, please.
d. Mashed potatoes - I think I still have some leftover food in the fridge.
3. What is your dream destination?
a. Budapest - The city of romance.
b. London - Dining and music.
c. Hereafter - One way ticket.
d. Prague - Architecture and culture.
4. What pet would you like to own?
a. Dog – It matches with the image of the perfect family unit.
b. No pets – I don't want the responsibilities that go with it.
c. Vampire bat – There's something strangely familiar about these animals.
d. Cat – I'm a total cat person.
5. What is the best season?
a. Spring – Flowers, dresses, romance.
b. Fall – Perfect time for a city trip.
c. Winter – It gets dark early.
d. Summer – Reading in the park.
6. What is your favorite color?
a. Pink – Maternity, protection, fragility and love without passion.
b. Red – Women who prefer red are restless and can't stand monotony. They are determined to get all they can out of life.
c. Black – Suppression of desires and worldly aims, hidden depths, inner longings.
d. Green – Harmony, balance, peace and patience.
7. What job do you want your man to have?
a. Accountant – Stability is the magic word.
b. DJ – Music is sexy.
c. Temp – I don't want to stay in the same country or city for too long.
d. Retired (or almost) – I have a thing for older men.
8. What movie do you watch over and over again?
a. The Good Girl – You rarely get what you want in life, particularly in love.
b. L'auberge espagnol – Living abroad, meeting people, having fun.
c. A Good Man —A new vampire movie that finally shows us vampires the way they really are.
d. Brief Encounter – They don't make movies like that anymore.
If you answered...
Mostly a's: After a series of short-lived love relationships with men that can't commit, you want to settle down with a serious guy that treats you right. Chances are that Vincent may be the one who sticks with you, but you'll never know who else is on his mind.
Mostly b's: There's a cool concert tonight. Wanna be Vincent's date? If you play it cool, he'll be head over heels with you.
Mostly c's: You are probably a vampire, just like Louis! You will have a lot in common with him, problem is that he'll hate you for it.
Mostly d's: Go and read your book in the park instead of on the couch and you might be lucky enough to stumble upon Louis. Love is in the air!
Giveaway details for a Kindle or Nook of A GOOD MAN:
1.) You must comment with your quiz results
2.) You can gain extra entries by sharing this post on Facebook, Google+, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Reddit or Twitter.
3.) Giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY!
Screenwriter and novelist Vanessa Morgan is known as the 'female version of Stephen King'. You can find out more about Vanessa Morgan and her work by going to her personal blog http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com.
Books by Vanessa Morgan
A Good Man
Do you like Dexter and American Psycho? Then chances are you will love A Good Man.
Louis Caron is a good man – he's a vegetarian, feeds homeless people, takes care of animals and is converned with the ecological well-being of the planet. But his altruism has a sinister edge – he's a vampire and local detective Taglioni becomes increasingly suspicious of him. Louis' attempt to escape the police will take him on a journey into his own private hell where he is not only forced to confront his worst fears, but where he will also destroy the lives of those he cares about.
The Strangers Outside
Two sisters, Jennifer and Louise, return to their remote holiday cottage after a day at the seaside. But little do they know they're being surrounded. Soon after their arrival, the girls will come face to face with the strangers outside. When the assailants make their intentions known, things take a shockingly terrible turn and an intense battle for survival will begin.
Megan Blackwood has just lost her son in a terrible accident. Now she has come to Moonlight Creek with her teenage daughter Jenna, hoping that a change of scenery might help to put her life back together. But something odd is going on in Moonlight Creek. When rain falls over the village, the inhabitants commit grisly murders, leaving the village deserted with the first rays of sunshine. Beneath the lake's surface, an eerie presence watches... and waits... Waits to reveal a tragic past drowned in mystery and fear. One that doesn't bode well for visitors. By the time Megan realizes that her daughter is in danger, it might already be too late.
Amazon US - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007U253J4
Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Good-Man-ebook/dp/B007U253J4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1334478156&sr=1-1
Smashwords - https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/151923
Leave a comment with your email address for a chance to win a Kindle or Nook Ebook of this book! This giveaway is INTERNATIONAL!
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- Summer Giveaway Hop!
- 23rd Birthday (Rachel's!) Giveaway!
- Hidden by Sophie Jordan
- Let's Hear It For Almigal Guest Post and Giveaway!...
- Huge Book Giveaway!
- Lazy Days Giveaway!
- Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
- Death of a Kleptomaniac by Kristen Tracy
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
- Destiny by Gillian Shields
- Once by Anna Carey
- Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin
- Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truit
- Arson by Estevan Vega: Review and Giveaway!
- Spotlight Giveaway by Author Rebecca Royce
- Gift That Lasts
- Beyond Cover Reveal!
- Book Pushalooza!
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Marisette Burges...
- Anything But Ordinary by Lara Avery
- The Playdate by Louise Millar
- Dumb History: The Stupidest Mistakes Ever Made by ...
- Tales of the Not Forgotten by Beth Guckenberger
- Obsidian Ebook Giveaway (INT)!
- Love Finds You in Mackinac Island, Michigan by: Me...
- Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer...
- Guest Post and $10 Amazon Giftcard Giveaway by Aut...
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Lorin Barber
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: Review and Gi...
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Julie Helm
- Vacation Reads Giveaway!
- Ghost Crown by J. Gabriel Gates; Charlene Keel
- Guest Post and $25 Giftcard (of your choosing!-com...
- Textbook Rental for College Students
- Inescapable by Nancy Mehl
- Guest Post and Giveaway (Gift Basket!) by Author P...
- Darkness Rising by Danielle Blanchard Benson Book ...
- Carnival Girl: Searching for God in the Aftermath ...
- Absolute Boyfriend Series Giveaway!
- Dark Territory by Charlene Keel and J. Gabriel Gat...
- Summoned by Susan Leigh Noble Guest Post and Inter...
- Summer Loving Giveaway!
- Naming Characters by Leia Shaw: Guest Post and $25...
- Dead End Deal by Allen Wyler
- Guest Post by Author Denesha Sheree!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Lonely Souls by Karice Bolton: Review and Giveaway...
- Guest Post by Author Stephanie Norris!
- Summer Reads Giveaway Hop!
- Gregory Allen - Writing Can Involve Memories
- Guest Post and Ebook Giveaway of Author Christine ...
- Hush Hush and Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick Givea...
- Undead by Kirsty McKay
- Guest Post and Giveaway by Author Laxmi Hariharan
- Guest post and giveaway by Author Denise Verrico!
- Books For Swap
- Guest Post and $50 INT Comment Giveaway!
- Guest Post and $25 Amazon Giftcard International G...
- Guest Post by Author Vanessa Morgan and Giveaway: ...
- Guest Post by Author Jackson Keene
- My Book of Life by Angel by Martine Leavitt
- Miss Fortune Cookie by Lauren Bjorkman
- YOU'RE INVITED TO A TEAM HUMAN TWITTER CHAT!
- Wishbone by Brooklyn Hudson Guest Post and Spotlig...
- The Hidden Life: An Amish Quilt Novel By: Adina S...
- Spark by Brigid Kemmerer
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin
- Vanishing Girls by Katia Lief
- Five Miles South of Peculiar: A Novel by Angela El...
- Tiger Lily By:Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors
- Nerd Girls (A Catastrophe of Nerdish Proportions) ...
- ▼ July (74)