Newly retired workaholic Roy Washburn is not ready for a life of leisure. On a trip to the mall with his wife, he finds a small metal cylinder with odd markings. One nudge of the cylinder’s triangle-shaped pointer and Roy finds himself embarking on an exciting new adventure in the Time Stream. There he meets The Traveler, a tall, gangly being who shows Roy how to use the cylinder to visit other civilizations that co-exist on "his" Earth, each occupying a different, thin Time Slice. The Traveler solicits Roy’s help in recovering an object invented by his murdered father and beyond his own reach. Roy is his last hope. At first it seems that the Traveler’s wish might be easily granted. But after Roy’s wife Emily becomes ill and his daughter’s long-held resentments rise to the surface, he can no longer "travel" at a moment’s notice. He also discovers the very real physical and mental risks involved in roaming the Time Stream. Despite the dangers, Roy is determined to help the Traveler. But he can’t do it alone. Fortunately he has a loving wife and a core group of loyal friends. But first he must convince them -- and his daughter -- that he isn’t crazy ...
What would you do after retirement? When Roy, the main character, accompanies his wife to the mall, he finds an odd cylindrical object. When he somehow activates the object, he finds himself in the mysterious time stream. It is there that he meets The Traveler, a boy on a mission. The Traveler begs for Roy's aid and Roy decides to help him. Little does he know that there will be plenty of complications to make his mission that much harder.
As a character, Roy is easy to like. He is a helpful individual who can be kind and inquisitive. The other characters are interesting to get to know, the reader will want to know more about The Traveler, an unusual character. The events were fast-paced and fun to read about, the author took the idea of time traveling, added a mission, and threw in complications to make the whole idea even more exciting. There were several twists and unexpected events along the way, adding to the readers' anticipation. There is plenty of action, especially when Roy deals with the "bad guys."
The author writes with plenty of detail and with a fast pace. The reader will connect to Roy rather quickly and warm up to the other characters. This book is recommended to young adult/adults readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (364)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- Stone Relics by Katy Walters Guest Post and Giveaw...
- The Weeping by O'Dell Hutchison Review and Guest P...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- Beth Aldrich Guest Post!
- Autographed Copy of Chain Reaction by Simone Elkel...
- ARC Tour for Of Poseidon by Anna Banks!
- Can't Wait For Embrace by Jessica Shirvington?
- Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory Videos!
- Ever Heard of the Frugal Dad Website?
- The Qur'an Dilemma (English Volume 1) Analyzed by...
- Cover Reveal!
- WITCHFUL THINKING by HP MALLORY - FREE EXCERPT!!
- SIMON & SCHUSTER ACQUIRES LIFE’S A WITCH BY SELF-P...
- Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliot
- Cover Reveal
- In Darkness by Nick Lake
- It all comes down to the college admissions essay
- Emily's House by Natalie Wright and a Giveaway!
- Falling In Between by Devon Ashley
- Act of Grace by Karen Simpson
- Halflings by Heather Burch
- What are the challenges you face as a writer in yo...
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Author Greg Kiser!
- WondaWedge Inflatable Back Support
- The Silk Box: A Love Story by Shirley Mihoko Hairs...
- Beyond Molasses Creek by Nicole Seitz
- Gods and Fathers by James Lepore
- Announcement from Simon & Schuster!
- Four Letter Words by Bill Giovannetti
- Mornings with Jesus 2012: Daily Encouragement for ...
- Summer of Secrets by Charlotte Hubbard
- Weight-Loss Apocalypse: Emotional Eating Rehab Thr...
- Where the Willow Grows in Transylvania by Rosa Ale...
- The Opening by Ron Savarese
- Defending a King ~ His Life & Legacy by Karen Mori...
- Heart of Gold by Robin Lee Hatcher
- Cover Reveal!
- Time Slice by Kerry Downing
- Fast Forward Academy!
- Oath of Office by Michael Palmer
- Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
- Partials by Dan Wells
- Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Je...
- Bewitching by Alex Flinn
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by emily m. danfo...
- Above World by Jenn Reese
- ▼ February (47)