The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan
Posted by Krystal Larson at 8:39 PM Wednesday, February 29, 2012
India is schizophrenic and the reader will know her as Imp in the novel. She has a distinct and intriguing personality that a reader will either like instinctively or have a hard time connecting to. The story is told from her perspective in the first person, making it easier for the reader to get to know her. Imp will inform the reader of the "family curse" that seems to strike random females within her family tree. The reader will enjoy getting the facts on Imp's background and past. Imp is one of the rare characters who holds nothing back. She will reveal all to the reader, almost to the point where the reader wants her to stop. Her thoughts seem to run together fluidly, but with no real transitions. Although the reader could almost get confused, the author keeps the stories and histories from blending together.
The reader will enjoy meeting Imp's unique love interest. In a way, she keeps Imp stable...or as stable as possible. Her character is interesting and will likely appeal to the reader. When an surprise comes in and interrupts their somewhat idyllic world, the reader will be both surprised at the twists and turns in the plot and have a hard time putting this book down. Imp's world could be considered zany, but she seems to enjoy it at times. The reader will become accustomed to Imp's world and maybe even begin to enjoy it. The vivid emotions and shocking revelations will keep the reader on his/her toes. Imp's unusual world will captivate the reader with its sudden imaginings and off-the-wall conclusions. Overall, this book is worth a second look on Goodreads or Amazon and recommended to adult readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- Stone Relics by Katy Walters Guest Post and Giveaw...
- The Weeping by O'Dell Hutchison Review and Guest P...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- Beth Aldrich Guest Post!
- Autographed Copy of Chain Reaction by Simone Elkel...
- ARC Tour for Of Poseidon by Anna Banks!
- Can't Wait For Embrace by Jessica Shirvington?
- Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory Videos!
- Ever Heard of the Frugal Dad Website?
- The Qur'an Dilemma (English Volume 1) Analyzed by...
- Cover Reveal!
- WITCHFUL THINKING by HP MALLORY - FREE EXCERPT!!
- SIMON & SCHUSTER ACQUIRES LIFE’S A WITCH BY SELF-P...
- Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliot
- Cover Reveal
- In Darkness by Nick Lake
- It all comes down to the college admissions essay
- Emily's House by Natalie Wright and a Giveaway!
- Falling In Between by Devon Ashley
- Act of Grace by Karen Simpson
- Halflings by Heather Burch
- What are the challenges you face as a writer in yo...
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Author Greg Kiser!
- WondaWedge Inflatable Back Support
- The Silk Box: A Love Story by Shirley Mihoko Hairs...
- Beyond Molasses Creek by Nicole Seitz
- Gods and Fathers by James Lepore
- Announcement from Simon & Schuster!
- Four Letter Words by Bill Giovannetti
- Mornings with Jesus 2012: Daily Encouragement for ...
- Summer of Secrets by Charlotte Hubbard
- Weight-Loss Apocalypse: Emotional Eating Rehab Thr...
- Where the Willow Grows in Transylvania by Rosa Ale...
- The Opening by Ron Savarese
- Defending a King ~ His Life & Legacy by Karen Mori...
- Heart of Gold by Robin Lee Hatcher
- Cover Reveal!
- Time Slice by Kerry Downing
- Fast Forward Academy!
- Oath of Office by Michael Palmer
- Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
- Partials by Dan Wells
- Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Je...
- Bewitching by Alex Flinn
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by emily m. danfo...
- Above World by Jenn Reese
- ▼ February (47)