Three lives are bound by a single book . . . and the cleansing waters of Molasses Creek.
Having traveled to the ends of the earth as a flight attendant, Ally Green has finally returned to the Lowcountry to bury her father as well as the past. But Vesey Washington is still living across the creek, and theirs is a complicated relationship--he was once her best friend . . . and also part of the reason she's stayed away so long. When Ally discovers a message her father left behind asking her to quit running, it seems her past isn't through with her yet.
As Ally's wandering spirit wrestles with a deep longing to flee again, a young woman on the other side of the world escapes her life of slavery in the rock quarries of Nepal. A mysterious sketchbook leads Sunila Kunari to believe there's more to her story than she's ever been told, and she's determined to follow the truth wherever it leads her.
A deep current intertwines the lives of these three souls, and a destiny of freedom, faith, and friendship awaits them all on the banks of Molasses Creek.
This book weaves an intricate tale of love, loss, and hope. Ally is what some people call a runner, she runs from her past. She refuses to turn around and face the things she is afraid of. When her father dies, she returns to her home after a long career of flying around the world as an air flight attendant. When she returns home, she uncovers some long-held secrets and bits of hope. Sunila is across the world. She is the next main character the reader is introduced to and will have a massive affect on Ally and the reader.
This book covers some hard issues. Child labor is discussed. How would you feel if it were your child toiling away at such a young age in dangerous conditions? It is easy enough to ignore when it is across the world, but what if it was your own blood? It is interesting that Ally and her father appear to forge an even deeper bond once he is gone, perhaps death does not end all relationships. The ending of the book will shock the reader, the author does a great job of dropping hints without even remotely giving away the big finish.
Ally's character is likable as is Sunila's. The other characters who affect the two main characters are fun to get to know, the smallest words have the ability to change one's life. The reader will be absorbed into the book, it is very difficult to put the book down. This book is recommended to adult readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (372)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- Stone Relics by Katy Walters Guest Post and Giveaw...
- The Weeping by O'Dell Hutchison Review and Guest P...
- PrintRunner Giveaway!
- Beth Aldrich Guest Post!
- Autographed Copy of Chain Reaction by Simone Elkel...
- ARC Tour for Of Poseidon by Anna Banks!
- Can't Wait For Embrace by Jessica Shirvington?
- Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory Videos!
- Ever Heard of the Frugal Dad Website?
- The Qur'an Dilemma (English Volume 1) Analyzed by...
- Cover Reveal!
- WITCHFUL THINKING by HP MALLORY - FREE EXCERPT!!
- SIMON & SCHUSTER ACQUIRES LIFE’S A WITCH BY SELF-P...
- Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliot
- Cover Reveal
- In Darkness by Nick Lake
- It all comes down to the college admissions essay
- Emily's House by Natalie Wright and a Giveaway!
- Falling In Between by Devon Ashley
- Act of Grace by Karen Simpson
- Halflings by Heather Burch
- What are the challenges you face as a writer in yo...
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Author Greg Kiser!
- WondaWedge Inflatable Back Support
- The Silk Box: A Love Story by Shirley Mihoko Hairs...
- Beyond Molasses Creek by Nicole Seitz
- Gods and Fathers by James Lepore
- Announcement from Simon & Schuster!
- Four Letter Words by Bill Giovannetti
- Mornings with Jesus 2012: Daily Encouragement for ...
- Summer of Secrets by Charlotte Hubbard
- Weight-Loss Apocalypse: Emotional Eating Rehab Thr...
- Where the Willow Grows in Transylvania by Rosa Ale...
- The Opening by Ron Savarese
- Defending a King ~ His Life & Legacy by Karen Mori...
- Heart of Gold by Robin Lee Hatcher
- Cover Reveal!
- Time Slice by Kerry Downing
- Fast Forward Academy!
- Oath of Office by Michael Palmer
- Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
- Partials by Dan Wells
- Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Je...
- Bewitching by Alex Flinn
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by emily m. danfo...
- Above World by Jenn Reese
- ▼ February (47)