I first got my inspiration to write THE STAR-CROSSED SAGA: PROTOSTAR one Sunday afternoon at church. The Bishop was preaching and said that God told him that there were people in the service that He wanted to do a “work” in, but that they had not asked him for the vision. So, I began praying and asked God what He would have me do and before you know it, I began sketching out the storyline for PROTOSTAR right there in the middle of the service. Three months later I was sitting there with a 90,000 plus manuscript in my hands.
Pertaining to my favorite character in PROTOSTAR, I’d have to say that it is William. I really love his innocence and tolerance for other people. Coming from another world, he lacks the bias and prejudice that Earthlings have developed over the years. His value system really defines his character throughout the story. When he is around Sydney you get a sense of his vulnerability, while he struggles to maintain his dedication to the mission. What is lost in the first book is William’s cunning instinct as a killer. He has had years of training and it will be highlighted in the second book.
My favorite scene in the book has to be, well, I’ll say two scenes. The first one is the trip to the cabin, especially the quiet time that William and Sydney spend alone that night. The other one is the action sequence late in the book with the space flight. I don’t want to get into too much detail and give it away.
Hmm, top 5 reasons why readers should pick up THE STAR-CROSSED SAGA: PROTOSTAR.
- It’s very fresh and new. Nothing out there like it right now.
- It really accentuates the value of non-contact intimacy between people. Important in building true connection built on love rather than lust.
- It’s the first in a new series. Those hungry for something after Twilight and Harry Potter have run their course will be pleased with it.
- You (Krystal) liked it, 4 stars. Lol
- It’s the beginning of a new genre that I call “Sci-fance”. Mixing Science fiction with romance. Although I will admit that the first book weighs heavily on the romance piece because of William and Sydney’s relationship.
GIVEAWAY: The author has been kind enough to offer one paperback copy for USA/CAN. Please leave a comment about the guest post with your email, you can earn one extra entry if you are a GFC follower. I loved this book and know you will too. Thank you for stopping by!