The Making of Rise and Fall of a Track Star
My son’s graduation was right around the corner and I couldn’t be a prouder parent. My son, born to me when I was merely a child myself, had broken the cycle and was moving on into the next phase in life of becoming a man. His graduation also opened the door to haunting memories of my past. It is what prompted me to write Rise and Fall of a Track Star.
For many who know me in my teens and early 20s I was viewed as a person who always seemed to achieving great things. What they didn’t see was how often I was ridiculed or looked down upon for doing so. See, I was the first person from my school to ever win the State Championship in Track and field, obtain a full ride track scholarship and go on to win a bronze at the Pan Am Games. What they didn’t know was I constantly in a battle—with myself and others in my community.
Yes, I have achieved many things that others could only dream of, but I did it while being a victim. The more I achieved the more I was victimized. Some felt because I had a child as a teen then I didn’t deserve any of the things I had worked so hard to accomplish. Nothing was given to me. Through all the Nay Sayers and self-doubt I somehow kept going until there came a point in which I couldn’t take it anymore. Hence the title Rise and Fall of a Track Star.
I mention my son broke the cycle because all too often teenage parents or their offspring fail to complete high school. My son has not only done so, but is now in the Armed Services. Rise and Fall of a Track Star is a shift from my YA Novels and Erotic Novels because for the message to come across I wanted people to hear my own words, not one of my characters. I want others in my situation to know they are not alone and they can get past the hurt and pain. And to those who feel the need to put others down because we go against the grain, shame on you but because of you we shall rise.
I’m a bullet…
I’m a missile…
I’m a rocket to the moon!
Author, Youth Advocate, Motivational Speaker, Women’s Empowerment Speaker, and Entrepreneur
A print copy will be given away to commenters who follow this tour
Oct. 19 - Meet & Greet at www.vbtcafe.com
Oct. 21 - Guest Blogging at http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com
Oct. 25 - Guest Blogging at http://azpublishingservices.blogspot.com
Oct. 27 - Author Interviewed at http://bkwalkerbooksetc.blogspot.com
Nov. 3 - Guest Blogging at http://authorsbyauthors.blogspot.com
Nov. 8 - Author Spotlight at www.assistingauthors.com
Nov. 10 - Guest Blogging at http://bibrary.blogspot.com
Nov. 14 - Author Interviewed at www.blogtalkradio.com/bkwalker
Nov. 16 - Guest Blogging at http://ashleysbookshelf.blogspot.com
Nov. 18 - Guest Blogging at http://louisewise.blogspot.com
Nov. 19 - Author Interviewed at www.katiesalidas.com
Nov. 21 - Guest Blogging at http://bookreadersaddictsgiveaways.blogspot.com
Nov. 24 - Rise and Fall of a Track Star Reviewed at http://bkwalkerbooksetc.blogspot.com
Nov. 26 - Guest Blogging at http://amylunderman.blogspot.com
Dec. 2 - Author Interviewed at http://lisahaseltonsinterviewsandreviews.blogspot.com
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- Mega Giveaway On Another Blog
- Cover Reveal!
- Promissory Payback: A Jane Perry Novelette by:Laur...
- Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
- God Makes Lemonade by Don Jacobson
- Monster Mash and Bash Blog Hop and Giveaway! (Inc...
- Spooktacular Giveaway! (Includes link to Ereader G...
- Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Guest Post with Rochelle Melander and Giveaway!
- Guest Post with Barbara Ardinger
- Guest Post with Theresa Meyers
- Curiosity with a Capital S Tonya Trimble
- When Cancer Hits by Britta Aragon
- God's Eye Ebook Special
- Froggy Boots Go With Everything
- Lethal by Sandra Brown
- Love From The Other Side by Carol Shimp
- Fading Into Magic by Vone Savan
- Amaranth by Rachael Wade
- Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Guest Post with Robert Orfali
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- Write-A-Thon by Rochelle Melander
- Contest On Another Blog!
- Secret Lives by Barbara Ardinger
- Death With Dignity by Robert Orfali
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Naomi Clark!
- Stopain Review and Giveaway!
- Castigate My Sins by Elicia Clegg
- Jack Be Nimble by Ben English (Book 1: Gargoyle)
- Sikander by M. Salahuddin Khan, Pam Guerrieri
- BRONTE & FRANK GO TO MOSCOW (Children's Traveltivi...
- How to Get A Married Woman to Have Sex With You......
- Does He Cheat? : Confessions from Men By: Sterling...
- The Luminist by David Rocklin
- Guest Post with Omegia Keeys
- Mondays at 3 by Greg Giesen
- A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman
- The Third Space Between Contest!
- Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
- The Journey of the Noble Gnarble by Daniel Errico,...
- How To Save a Life by Sara Zarr
- Dark Lake by Louise Gaylord
- Bloodspell by Amalie Howard
- Konsyl Product Review and Giveaway!
- Studenstein by Daisy Harris (18 and older, please)...
- Sweet Irish Kisses Guest Post
- Code Blood by Kurt Kaam
- Stages on Pages Book Tour!
- His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons
- The Breath of Allah by Steven W. Ritcheson
- Just Like You by Robert Kroupa, Illustrated by Han...
- The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
- Guest Post with Vincet Zandri
- Beatrice Munson by Lorena Bathey
- Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono
- Beyond Screenwriting by Sterling Anderson Giveaway...
- Chronicles of the Apocalypse Guest Post with Zache...
- Triple Shot by Sandra Balzo
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Guest Post with Melody Carlson
- Relic Defender: Key of Solomon Guest Post and Give...
- The God's Wife by Lynn Voedisch
- Diary of a Teenage Girl: Becoming Me by Melody Car...
- The Great Fat Fraud by Mike Schatzki
- American Gangbang: A Love Story by Sam Benjamin
- Giveaway of I Didn't Ask To Be Born: (But I'm Glad...
- Interview with Braxton A Cosby: Author of ProtoSta...
- The Star-Crossed Saga: ProtoStar Guest Post and Gi...
- Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Kobo Ereader and Ebooks Giveaways!!!
- 10 Holiday Planning Tips
- Savor by Megan Duncan Review and Giveaway!
- Giveaway & Review: Welcome to Last Chance by Hope ...
- Destined by Jessie Harrell
- Making a Meal of It: Sex in Chinese and Western Cu...
- First Love: Just Once in a Lifetime: A Memoir by V...
- Lagan Love by Peter Murphy
- Huge Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Paris Noire by Francine Thomas Howard
- Interview with Kiki Hamilton, author of The Faerie...
- Guest Post with Greg Messel
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Robin Siegerman
- I Pray Hardest When I'm Being Shot At by Kyle Garr...
- Giveaway on Another Blog
- Carbavoid: The Fuel For the Future by Cindy Fleck ...
- The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
- No Cure For Murder by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.
- Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Guest Post with Shelley Workinger
- Banned Books Giveaway Winners!
- Contest Alternate Ending
- Interview and Giveaway with Jolene Gutierrez
- Fractured by Cheri Schmidt
- ▼ October (107)