The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...
Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.
A perfect novel for Halloween, this book will interest the reader till the very end. Natalie is mute, not to be confused with "dumb or deaf." Otherwise, she is a very pretty, smart young woman. She will be likable to the reader. Right when her life appears to have turned around slightly, she is worried her father will send her to a convent and doesn't know what to do about her inability to speak, Natalie stumbles onto a painting of a shockingly handsome man. The portrait, however, is not normal and may have been created by evil. Natalie must find a way to save Jonathan, the man in the painting, without losing her life and while guarding her heart.
The setting is perfect for this novel. The author managed to put in many qualities from the Victorian era. The writing is fluid and the events are fast-paced. The characters were fun, they will draw the reader into the novel. One might think it would be difficult to understand the story from the point of view of a mute character; however, Natalie was terrific, because she was mute she appears so much more observant and intuitive than the normal character. This book is highly recommended to young adult/teen readers.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- Mega Giveaway On Another Blog
- Cover Reveal!
- Promissory Payback: A Jane Perry Novelette by:Laur...
- Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
- God Makes Lemonade by Don Jacobson
- Monster Mash and Bash Blog Hop and Giveaway! (Inc...
- Spooktacular Giveaway! (Includes link to Ereader G...
- Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Guest Post with Rochelle Melander and Giveaway!
- Guest Post with Barbara Ardinger
- Guest Post with Theresa Meyers
- Curiosity with a Capital S Tonya Trimble
- When Cancer Hits by Britta Aragon
- God's Eye Ebook Special
- Froggy Boots Go With Everything
- Lethal by Sandra Brown
- Love From The Other Side by Carol Shimp
- Fading Into Magic by Vone Savan
- Amaranth by Rachael Wade
- Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Guest Post with Robert Orfali
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- Write-A-Thon by Rochelle Melander
- Contest On Another Blog!
- Secret Lives by Barbara Ardinger
- Death With Dignity by Robert Orfali
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Naomi Clark!
- Stopain Review and Giveaway!
- Castigate My Sins by Elicia Clegg
- Jack Be Nimble by Ben English (Book 1: Gargoyle)
- Sikander by M. Salahuddin Khan, Pam Guerrieri
- BRONTE & FRANK GO TO MOSCOW (Children's Traveltivi...
- How to Get A Married Woman to Have Sex With You......
- Does He Cheat? : Confessions from Men By: Sterling...
- The Luminist by David Rocklin
- Guest Post with Omegia Keeys
- Mondays at 3 by Greg Giesen
- A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman
- The Third Space Between Contest!
- Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
- The Journey of the Noble Gnarble by Daniel Errico,...
- How To Save a Life by Sara Zarr
- Dark Lake by Louise Gaylord
- Bloodspell by Amalie Howard
- Konsyl Product Review and Giveaway!
- Studenstein by Daisy Harris (18 and older, please)...
- Sweet Irish Kisses Guest Post
- Code Blood by Kurt Kaam
- Stages on Pages Book Tour!
- His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons
- The Breath of Allah by Steven W. Ritcheson
- Just Like You by Robert Kroupa, Illustrated by Han...
- The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
- Guest Post with Vincet Zandri
- Beatrice Munson by Lorena Bathey
- Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono
- Beyond Screenwriting by Sterling Anderson Giveaway...
- Chronicles of the Apocalypse Guest Post with Zache...
- Triple Shot by Sandra Balzo
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Guest Post with Melody Carlson
- Relic Defender: Key of Solomon Guest Post and Give...
- The God's Wife by Lynn Voedisch
- Diary of a Teenage Girl: Becoming Me by Melody Car...
- The Great Fat Fraud by Mike Schatzki
- American Gangbang: A Love Story by Sam Benjamin
- Giveaway of I Didn't Ask To Be Born: (But I'm Glad...
- Interview with Braxton A Cosby: Author of ProtoSta...
- The Star-Crossed Saga: ProtoStar Guest Post and Gi...
- Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Kobo Ereader and Ebooks Giveaways!!!
- 10 Holiday Planning Tips
- Savor by Megan Duncan Review and Giveaway!
- Giveaway & Review: Welcome to Last Chance by Hope ...
- Destined by Jessie Harrell
- Making a Meal of It: Sex in Chinese and Western Cu...
- First Love: Just Once in a Lifetime: A Memoir by V...
- Lagan Love by Peter Murphy
- Huge Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Paris Noire by Francine Thomas Howard
- Interview with Kiki Hamilton, author of The Faerie...
- Guest Post with Greg Messel
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Robin Siegerman
- I Pray Hardest When I'm Being Shot At by Kyle Garr...
- Giveaway on Another Blog
- Carbavoid: The Fuel For the Future by Cindy Fleck ...
- The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
- No Cure For Murder by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.
- Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Guest Post with Shelley Workinger
- Banned Books Giveaway Winners!
- Contest Alternate Ending
- Interview and Giveaway with Jolene Gutierrez
- Fractured by Cheri Schmidt
- ▼ October (107)