If you know something about passion, and desire, and giving everything to live your dreams then leave your world behind for a while. Come with Janice to Dublin, in the mid nineteen-eighties when a better future beckoned and the past was restless, whispering in the shadows for the Old Ways. Janice has grown tired of her sheltered existence in Toronto and when Aidan leads her through the veils of the Celtic Twilight, she doesn’t hesitate. In their love, Aidan, Dublin’s rising poet, sees a chance for redemption and Janice sees a chance for recognition. Sinead tells her that it is all nonsense as she keeps her head down and her eyes fixed on her own prize – a place in Ireland’s prospering future. She used to go out with Aidan, before he met Janice, so there is little she can say. And besides, she has enough to do as her parents are torn apart by the rumours of church scandals. But after a few nights in Grogan’s, where Dublin’s bohemians gather, or a day in Clonmacnoise among the ruins of Celtic Crosses, it won’t matter as the ghosts of Aidan’s mythologies take form and prey on the friends until everything is at risk. Lagan Love is a sensuous story of Love, Lust and Loss that will bring into question the cost we pay for our dreams.
This book is set in the 1980's, the author is extremely detailed with regards to Ireland, the location. The author quickly introduces the reader to Janice, Aidan, and Sinead. They are very different characters, the reader will come to appreciate their differing traits. Janice is bored, she wants a different, more exciting existence. She believes she has found what she wants and could potentially achieve in Aidan. Aidan is a poet who is desperate for redemption-the reader may make his/her own judgement about the reason why. Sinead, a former love of Aidan's, is having difficulties of her own. She attempts to counsel Janice, but she doesn't want to appear pushy or a hypocrite. Her parents are affected by the current rumors circulated by the rumor mill. The story is full of complex relationships as well as events that create more and more outcomes.
Janice as a character probably won't be the readers' favorite. She can be a tad selfish, hedonistic, and oblivious. She has her good traits as well though. Aidan can get a little tiring with his constant need for redemption, though his heart is often in the right place. Sinead is a caring, kind character. She is the most sympathetic of the main characters.
The events are fairly fast-paced, the reader shouldn't be bored. The ending is unusual and just right for this novel. This book is recommended to adults who enjoy romance, intrigue, and history.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- Mega Giveaway On Another Blog
- Cover Reveal!
- Promissory Payback: A Jane Perry Novelette by:Laur...
- Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
- God Makes Lemonade by Don Jacobson
- Monster Mash and Bash Blog Hop and Giveaway! (Inc...
- Spooktacular Giveaway! (Includes link to Ereader G...
- Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Guest Post with Rochelle Melander and Giveaway!
- Guest Post with Barbara Ardinger
- Guest Post with Theresa Meyers
- Curiosity with a Capital S Tonya Trimble
- When Cancer Hits by Britta Aragon
- God's Eye Ebook Special
- Froggy Boots Go With Everything
- Lethal by Sandra Brown
- Love From The Other Side by Carol Shimp
- Fading Into Magic by Vone Savan
- Amaranth by Rachael Wade
- Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Guest Post with Robert Orfali
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- Write-A-Thon by Rochelle Melander
- Contest On Another Blog!
- Secret Lives by Barbara Ardinger
- Death With Dignity by Robert Orfali
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Naomi Clark!
- Stopain Review and Giveaway!
- Castigate My Sins by Elicia Clegg
- Jack Be Nimble by Ben English (Book 1: Gargoyle)
- Sikander by M. Salahuddin Khan, Pam Guerrieri
- BRONTE & FRANK GO TO MOSCOW (Children's Traveltivi...
- How to Get A Married Woman to Have Sex With You......
- Does He Cheat? : Confessions from Men By: Sterling...
- The Luminist by David Rocklin
- Guest Post with Omegia Keeys
- Mondays at 3 by Greg Giesen
- A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman
- The Third Space Between Contest!
- Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
- The Journey of the Noble Gnarble by Daniel Errico,...
- How To Save a Life by Sara Zarr
- Dark Lake by Louise Gaylord
- Bloodspell by Amalie Howard
- Konsyl Product Review and Giveaway!
- Studenstein by Daisy Harris (18 and older, please)...
- Sweet Irish Kisses Guest Post
- Code Blood by Kurt Kaam
- Stages on Pages Book Tour!
- His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons
- The Breath of Allah by Steven W. Ritcheson
- Just Like You by Robert Kroupa, Illustrated by Han...
- The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
- Guest Post with Vincet Zandri
- Beatrice Munson by Lorena Bathey
- Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono
- Beyond Screenwriting by Sterling Anderson Giveaway...
- Chronicles of the Apocalypse Guest Post with Zache...
- Triple Shot by Sandra Balzo
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Guest Post with Melody Carlson
- Relic Defender: Key of Solomon Guest Post and Give...
- The God's Wife by Lynn Voedisch
- Diary of a Teenage Girl: Becoming Me by Melody Car...
- The Great Fat Fraud by Mike Schatzki
- American Gangbang: A Love Story by Sam Benjamin
- Giveaway of I Didn't Ask To Be Born: (But I'm Glad...
- Interview with Braxton A Cosby: Author of ProtoSta...
- The Star-Crossed Saga: ProtoStar Guest Post and Gi...
- Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Kobo Ereader and Ebooks Giveaways!!!
- 10 Holiday Planning Tips
- Savor by Megan Duncan Review and Giveaway!
- Giveaway & Review: Welcome to Last Chance by Hope ...
- Destined by Jessie Harrell
- Making a Meal of It: Sex in Chinese and Western Cu...
- First Love: Just Once in a Lifetime: A Memoir by V...
- Lagan Love by Peter Murphy
- Huge Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Paris Noire by Francine Thomas Howard
- Interview with Kiki Hamilton, author of The Faerie...
- Guest Post with Greg Messel
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Robin Siegerman
- I Pray Hardest When I'm Being Shot At by Kyle Garr...
- Giveaway on Another Blog
- Carbavoid: The Fuel For the Future by Cindy Fleck ...
- The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
- No Cure For Murder by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.
- Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Guest Post with Shelley Workinger
- Banned Books Giveaway Winners!
- Contest Alternate Ending
- Interview and Giveaway with Jolene Gutierrez
- Fractured by Cheri Schmidt
- ▼ October (107)