Death at Brier Hospital is routine and provides the perfect opportunity to murder and get away
with it. Jacob Weizman, a physician, and his wife, Lola, a psychotherapist, are holocaust
survivors and need no proof of evil in this world. Jacob and Lola are unique protagonists.
They're octogenarians who take the fear out of getting old. Their intelligence, competence,
humor, and sense of history make them appealing in a world that too often disdains the aged.
After fifty-five years practicing medicine, Jacob is disappointed, but not surprised by several
patients' deaths, even the unexpected ones. Soon, however, it becomes clear that a killer is
stalking the halls of Brier Hospital targeting Jacob's patients. While Jacob has made enemies
over the years, he finds it inconceivable that anyone would murder his patients for revenge. The
killings mount even as the hospital and police increase security and pursue a vigorous
investigation. Finally, unsatisfied with surrogates, the killer targets Jacob.
This book is impossible to put down, the reader will absolutely need to know who the killer is. One of the best qualities this book contains is when the author switches to writing from the killers' point of view. A look into the killer's mind in a murder mystery add to the story exponentially.
This book is written by a Doctor, the reader will feel as if the book is situated in reality at times. The plot and events can appear very real. The method that some patients are killed can seem so coldly...logical. The main characters, Jacob and Lola, are very intriguing. They are smart, funny, efficient, and very entertaining. The secondary characters are interesting to get to know as well, they each have differing qualities that can make some very memorable. The reader will be sad when some of them are murdered under mysterious circumstances.
This book is highly recommended to adult readers. The plot is unique and the author makes the events highly realistic. The events are fast-paced and intense. The characters are memorable.
Buy this book:
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (327)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- Mega Giveaway On Another Blog
- Cover Reveal!
- Promissory Payback: A Jane Perry Novelette by:Laur...
- Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
- God Makes Lemonade by Don Jacobson
- Monster Mash and Bash Blog Hop and Giveaway! (Inc...
- Spooktacular Giveaway! (Includes link to Ereader G...
- Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Guest Post with Rochelle Melander and Giveaway!
- Guest Post with Barbara Ardinger
- Guest Post with Theresa Meyers
- Curiosity with a Capital S Tonya Trimble
- When Cancer Hits by Britta Aragon
- God's Eye Ebook Special
- Froggy Boots Go With Everything
- Lethal by Sandra Brown
- Love From The Other Side by Carol Shimp
- Fading Into Magic by Vone Savan
- Amaranth by Rachael Wade
- Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Guest Post with Robert Orfali
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- Write-A-Thon by Rochelle Melander
- Contest On Another Blog!
- Secret Lives by Barbara Ardinger
- Death With Dignity by Robert Orfali
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Naomi Clark!
- Stopain Review and Giveaway!
- Castigate My Sins by Elicia Clegg
- Jack Be Nimble by Ben English (Book 1: Gargoyle)
- Sikander by M. Salahuddin Khan, Pam Guerrieri
- BRONTE & FRANK GO TO MOSCOW (Children's Traveltivi...
- How to Get A Married Woman to Have Sex With You......
- Does He Cheat? : Confessions from Men By: Sterling...
- The Luminist by David Rocklin
- Guest Post with Omegia Keeys
- Mondays at 3 by Greg Giesen
- A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman
- The Third Space Between Contest!
- Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
- The Journey of the Noble Gnarble by Daniel Errico,...
- How To Save a Life by Sara Zarr
- Dark Lake by Louise Gaylord
- Bloodspell by Amalie Howard
- Konsyl Product Review and Giveaway!
- Studenstein by Daisy Harris (18 and older, please)...
- Sweet Irish Kisses Guest Post
- Code Blood by Kurt Kaam
- Stages on Pages Book Tour!
- His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons
- The Breath of Allah by Steven W. Ritcheson
- Just Like You by Robert Kroupa, Illustrated by Han...
- The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
- Guest Post with Vincet Zandri
- Beatrice Munson by Lorena Bathey
- Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono
- Beyond Screenwriting by Sterling Anderson Giveaway...
- Chronicles of the Apocalypse Guest Post with Zache...
- Triple Shot by Sandra Balzo
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Guest Post with Melody Carlson
- Relic Defender: Key of Solomon Guest Post and Give...
- The God's Wife by Lynn Voedisch
- Diary of a Teenage Girl: Becoming Me by Melody Car...
- The Great Fat Fraud by Mike Schatzki
- American Gangbang: A Love Story by Sam Benjamin
- Giveaway of I Didn't Ask To Be Born: (But I'm Glad...
- Interview with Braxton A Cosby: Author of ProtoSta...
- The Star-Crossed Saga: ProtoStar Guest Post and Gi...
- Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Kobo Ereader and Ebooks Giveaways!!!
- 10 Holiday Planning Tips
- Savor by Megan Duncan Review and Giveaway!
- Giveaway & Review: Welcome to Last Chance by Hope ...
- Destined by Jessie Harrell
- Making a Meal of It: Sex in Chinese and Western Cu...
- First Love: Just Once in a Lifetime: A Memoir by V...
- Lagan Love by Peter Murphy
- Huge Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Paris Noire by Francine Thomas Howard
- Interview with Kiki Hamilton, author of The Faerie...
- Guest Post with Greg Messel
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Robin Siegerman
- I Pray Hardest When I'm Being Shot At by Kyle Garr...
- Giveaway on Another Blog
- Carbavoid: The Fuel For the Future by Cindy Fleck ...
- The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
- No Cure For Murder by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.
- Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Guest Post with Shelley Workinger
- Banned Books Giveaway Winners!
- Contest Alternate Ending
- Interview and Giveaway with Jolene Gutierrez
- Fractured by Cheri Schmidt
- ▼ October (107)