By 1956 Violeta Barrett had been working for a Wall Street investment firm more than a decade. Recently separated from her husband and feeling overworked, Violeta decided to vacation in Mexico. After her plane landed in Mexico City, a stranger with a deep, accented voice introduced himself as her tour guide. Violeta and Jorge had no idea they were about to begin a four-year romance that would endure the test of time and distance.
In her compelling memoir, Violeta shares a nostalgic and emotional journey where principles, love, and obligations collide and force unexpected decisions. Energized by the Mexican culture and Jorge’s charm, Violeta is soon caught up in the joy of being loved. But before long she must return to her obligations, leaving Jorge behind. Through the more than seventy love letters she would receive from Jorge for the next few years, the two share a forbidden passion—until the forces of morality prevail.
Nearly fifty years ago, Violeta and Jorge fell in love, changing their lives forever. Their heartfelt story proves that true love is not affected by time. It is ageless. It is eternal.
This book was very touching. I think it would be hard to feel anything but happy when you finish this book. The author writes about her experiences with love, specifically with "the one." In Violeta's case, "the one" is Jorge. Jorge was surprisingly sweet and romantic, the reader will find him extremely likable. Violeta herself is just as likable. The reader will get to know Violeta very well, the author doesn't hold much back.
There is a certain intimacy that the letters provide to the overall ambiance of the story. Love stories can be told without letters, but the letters add that personal feel. There are also pictures in the memoir that the reader will be able to tell were chosen with thought and care by the author. In this case, a picture does appear to speak a thousand words. The love stories towards the back of the memoir are beautiful too; a reader does not need to even like poetry to be able to understand this author's meaning. This book is highly recommended to adult readers...the title truly exemplifies the book.
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (365)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)
- Mega Giveaway On Another Blog
- Cover Reveal!
- Promissory Payback: A Jane Perry Novelette by:Laur...
- Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
- God Makes Lemonade by Don Jacobson
- Monster Mash and Bash Blog Hop and Giveaway! (Inc...
- Spooktacular Giveaway! (Includes link to Ereader G...
- Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Guest Post with Rochelle Melander and Giveaway!
- Guest Post with Barbara Ardinger
- Guest Post with Theresa Meyers
- Curiosity with a Capital S Tonya Trimble
- When Cancer Hits by Britta Aragon
- God's Eye Ebook Special
- Froggy Boots Go With Everything
- Lethal by Sandra Brown
- Love From The Other Side by Carol Shimp
- Fading Into Magic by Vone Savan
- Amaranth by Rachael Wade
- Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Guest Post with Robert Orfali
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- Write-A-Thon by Rochelle Melander
- Contest On Another Blog!
- Secret Lives by Barbara Ardinger
- Death With Dignity by Robert Orfali
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Naomi Clark!
- Stopain Review and Giveaway!
- Castigate My Sins by Elicia Clegg
- Jack Be Nimble by Ben English (Book 1: Gargoyle)
- Sikander by M. Salahuddin Khan, Pam Guerrieri
- BRONTE & FRANK GO TO MOSCOW (Children's Traveltivi...
- How to Get A Married Woman to Have Sex With You......
- Does He Cheat? : Confessions from Men By: Sterling...
- The Luminist by David Rocklin
- Guest Post with Omegia Keeys
- Mondays at 3 by Greg Giesen
- A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman
- The Third Space Between Contest!
- Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
- The Journey of the Noble Gnarble by Daniel Errico,...
- How To Save a Life by Sara Zarr
- Dark Lake by Louise Gaylord
- Bloodspell by Amalie Howard
- Konsyl Product Review and Giveaway!
- Studenstein by Daisy Harris (18 and older, please)...
- Sweet Irish Kisses Guest Post
- Code Blood by Kurt Kaam
- Stages on Pages Book Tour!
- His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons
- The Breath of Allah by Steven W. Ritcheson
- Just Like You by Robert Kroupa, Illustrated by Han...
- The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
- Guest Post with Vincet Zandri
- Beatrice Munson by Lorena Bathey
- Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono
- Beyond Screenwriting by Sterling Anderson Giveaway...
- Chronicles of the Apocalypse Guest Post with Zache...
- Triple Shot by Sandra Balzo
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Guest Post with Melody Carlson
- Relic Defender: Key of Solomon Guest Post and Give...
- The God's Wife by Lynn Voedisch
- Diary of a Teenage Girl: Becoming Me by Melody Car...
- The Great Fat Fraud by Mike Schatzki
- American Gangbang: A Love Story by Sam Benjamin
- Giveaway of I Didn't Ask To Be Born: (But I'm Glad...
- Interview with Braxton A Cosby: Author of ProtoSta...
- The Star-Crossed Saga: ProtoStar Guest Post and Gi...
- Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Kobo Ereader and Ebooks Giveaways!!!
- 10 Holiday Planning Tips
- Savor by Megan Duncan Review and Giveaway!
- Giveaway & Review: Welcome to Last Chance by Hope ...
- Destined by Jessie Harrell
- Making a Meal of It: Sex in Chinese and Western Cu...
- First Love: Just Once in a Lifetime: A Memoir by V...
- Lagan Love by Peter Murphy
- Huge Giveaway on Another Blog!
- Paris Noire by Francine Thomas Howard
- Interview with Kiki Hamilton, author of The Faerie...
- Guest Post with Greg Messel
- Guest Post and Giveaway with Robin Siegerman
- I Pray Hardest When I'm Being Shot At by Kyle Garr...
- Giveaway on Another Blog
- Carbavoid: The Fuel For the Future by Cindy Fleck ...
- The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
- No Cure For Murder by Lawrence W. Gold, M.D.
- Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles
- Guest Post with Shelley Workinger
- Banned Books Giveaway Winners!
- Contest Alternate Ending
- Interview and Giveaway with Jolene Gutierrez
- Fractured by Cheri Schmidt
- ▼ October (107)