Search This Blog

Edgewater by Courtney Sheinmel

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Lorrie Hollander used to be a rich girl, but now she's lost everything because of the secrets and lies of the people around her. It's been 12 years since Lorrie's mother skipped town and left Lorrie in the care of her unstable aunt Gigi. Together they live in a neglected, decrepit mansion called Edgewater, the eyesore in a town of extraordinary wealth and privilege. Then Charlie, the son of an esteemed senator, takes an interest in Lorrie, her shame for her family and lifestyle runs deep. But what she doesn't know is that Charlie's family is hiding something, too, and that their secrets are inextricably tied. Now Lorrie must confront the truth about her family--and everything she ever thought she knew about herself.

Goodreads Summary


Lorrie's family was very wealthy and she used to be in boarding school.  They lost a lot of their money due to duplicity and deception.  Now she is left in charge of a mentally unstable aunt and put into the responsibility of taking care of a run down mansion. Its a lot of issues for any human being to deal with, and when a man takes interest in her, she begins to discover that his secrets may tie into some of the answers to the unanswered questions she has about her family.

The author does a great job at making you really want to know the answers to all of the questions that Lorrie has about her family. I found that the more I read, the more I wanted to know everything. As a result, I couldn't put the book down until it was completely finished. I found myself wanting to know more about Lorrie's love interest as I dug into the story. So many questions ran through my head, not only because I wanted to know the answers, but also because I Lorrie to get some mental relief. In general, this book is easy to follow and an enjoyable read overall.   

3.5 Stars

Reviewed by Chris

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

1 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a lot about this book, but it does sound like a decent story. I can't imagine being in that situation.