Search This Blog

Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Friday, April 13, 2012

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


Goodreads Summary



If you’ve read some of my other reviews (the ones marked “Rachel” at the end) you’ll notice one of the stars are always for how slow or fast the plot moves. It really, really irks me when I read a repetitive chapter or a scene goes on for too long. That being said: The Iron King doesn’t have that problem! The main character Meghan is strong willed, fun, and someone you can definitely relate with. You’ll never get confused with her actions like most books nowadays. I mean seriously, I’ve been reading more and more books where you end up scratching your head thinking, “Why did she do that? It’s totally stupid!”  Luckily Meghan is smart and you’ll root for her. Puck – her best friend – is the comic relief, and plays the part very well. Her love interest isn’t as lovable, but you warm up to him (he wields ice so it’s literally and figuratively) as the story progresses. The girl on the cover undeniably fits her image… she’s so pretty.
You can tell the book leads to a sequel so once you’re done reading you’re going to get your hands on the second (and third!)

Five stars.

*Reviewed by Rachel*

17 comments:

  1. Lalaine said...:

    Yay,so glad you enjoyed this book I loved this series! Great review Rachel!

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this book! I loved it! Great review :)

  1. Thank you! Rachel always writes the best reviews :)

  1. I've read lots of reviews on this one, both good and bad, many thanks for sharing your thoughts.

  1. I'm so glad you liked this book, because I have it on my bookshelf waiting to be read but I completely forgot about it until I read your review! I loved Julie's The Immortal Rules so I'm definitely going to go get her Fae series and get started on it right away :) Thanks so much for the awesome review!
    jwitt33 at live dot com

  1. erin said...:

    Thanks for the great review! I've been eyeing this series. Gonna go add it to my wishlist :)

  1. Cant wait to read this Book

  1. Daniela said...:

    This book was amazing. Can't wait to read the second one!

  1. denise said...:

    Great series!!

  1. kathleen said...:

    Sounds like an awesome book.

  1. This is a great series. I'm so glad you liked Iron King. Iron Knight was my favorite, so keep reading them :)

  1. I really need to read this one! I hear such great things.. I just always forget when I go to library! BUT I am writing a note to myself NOW and attaching it to card haha WON"T FORGET ! great review :)

    if you wanna stop by my blog its http://thepassionatebookwrom.blogspot.com !

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I Really Relly want to read this books. Thanks for the review. This books are on My TBR pile.

  1. Dyniy said...:

    I like your reviews because you don't write a novella for your review you get to the point, what's good what's bad. I thought the way you told how the book doesn't drag out scenes and is going to flow nicely into the next book. That makes me wanting desperately for it.

  1. Amy S. said...:

    I still haven't read this series! I need to move it up on my TBR pile for sure. I've actually never read about faeries, and wasn't sure I would like them. But so many reviewers like you are loving this series, that I'm becoming convinced that I need to read it soon.

  1. I love your enthusiasm. I'm in the middle of this book... almost literally. You're right... it's not boring!! Lol

  1. mk said...:

    Oh I've waited so long to read this book. I've read some great reviews about it(yours is one of them) and every time I do, I want the book more and more... I can't wait to have it(hopefully that will happen soon!). Great review!