Search This Blog

Perfect Lies by Kiersten White

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.

The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.

But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

Goodreads Summary

This book takes off right from the last, but switches between two points of view and different points in time.  I have to admit that every time I put this book down, I was slightly confused upon picking it up and continuing to read it due to this quality. However, the confusion did not detract from what was otherwise a great story.  I loved Annie and Fia's characters.  I felt that they truly loved each other despite their actions.  They were caring, smart, and swift-everything I could want in a female character.  

Fia covertly works to take down the father of the guy she likes.  I can't imagine that this is easy nor is it portrayed as easy in the book.  Meanwhile, Annie is busy destroying the Foundation.  Even though they appear to be doing two different things, it all ads up in the end.  I loved the idea of glimpsing your own future.  I think that I would want to know, if possible.  The ending to this book was very well thought-out.  Perfect Lies is recommended to young adult/teen readers.  

3 1/2 Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    I hope I'm not disappointed by this book ! I loved Mind Games.

  1. Berenice said...:

    I have yet to read the first book, Mind Games, but I really want to. I love these covers and that they sort of match with each other. I hope I'll get to these soon. Thanks for your review! =)

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed Mind Games, even though a lot of people didn't. I flew through that book so fast. I have not yet read Perfect Lies, but I am happy to know that it is still a great story. I can't wait to get the chance to read it!