Bloodmark by Aurora Whittet
Posted by sailingaway at 12:52 PM Monday, January 13, 2014
Sixteen-year-old werewolf princess Ashling Boru is different from other wolves—she was able to shift to wolf form at birth. Rather than bringing pride to her family, it brings fear, and as a result, she is forced to live in seclusion in Ireland’s countryside. Ashling’s reputation is further blackened when she refuses her betrothed and defies the ancient laws. When her pack’s oldest rivals begin hunting her, she finds herself in the small town of York Harbor, Maine—far from everything she’s ever known.
In Maine, she crosses paths with the dark and rebellious Grey Donavan, and something ignites within her soul. There’s just one problem: Grey is human. Their instant connection turns into a passionate romance, and Ashling begins to believe she can create her own life outside of wolf laws. When she begins to uncover long-buried pack secrets—secrets that threaten to destroy all she holds dear—Ashling’s courage and tenacity are tested. Will she choose her deep and enduring love for Grey, or will she follow Old Mother’s path to her destiny?
Werewolf genre lovers rejoice, here is another great story to add to your list of must reads. Similar in tone to Vampire diaries, Bloodmark is the story of a Teen werewolf that falls for a human boy against the will of her pack with a celtic theme.
It was interesting to hear a story from the girls perspective as all too many of the recent vampire/werewolf stories seem to be all from the male perspective. The rebellious teen's story is very visual and you can very easily visualize the Irish landscapes and characters come to life as you read along. The arranged marriage aspect of the story was interesting to me as well because I have never quite understood that part of different cultures and found it interesting to see. The story is packed with a good balance of action, plot and character development and will not disappoint throughout. Although this "Twilight" style book fits into the mold that a lot of other books are falling into, it is worth a read and will be enjoyed by Y.A. lovers everywhere.
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (332)
- ► 2015 (311)
- Essence: Promo and Giveaway!
- 250+ Book Giveaway Introduction
- Ekho: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Freedman and the Pharoah's Staff: Promo and Gi...
- Ever Hopeful: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Into the Darkness: Promo and Giveaway!
- Historical Heartthrobs by Kelly Murphy and Hallie ...
- Mooncalf: Promo and Giveaway!
- Romancing the Duke: Promo and Giveaway!
- Sun & Moon: Promo and Giveaway!
- Faithful Fit & Fabulous Blog Tour: Promo and Givea...
- Indie Author: Promo and Giveaway!
- Going Rogue by Robin Benway
- Blood and Gold: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Twelfth Night: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Love Spell: Spotlight and Giveaway!
- Rubber Soul: Promo and Giveaway!
- Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
- Come Alive: Mercy River-Promo and Giveaway!
- Get Witch Song Free!
- Top Tens List by Cami Checketts! (GIVEAWAY)
- Echo by Alicia Wright Brewster
- Realizing You: Promo and Giveaway!
- No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop!
- Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
- Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
- Ebook Deals from Kensington!
- Plus One by Elizabeth Fama
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- The Rule of Three by Eric Walters
- Rotten Ralph's Rotten Family
- White Space by Ilsa J Bick
- Bloodmark by Aurora Whittet
- One More Present Giveaway!
- Faeries & Fantasy Giveaway Hop!
- Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
- The Mist in the Mirror by Susan Hill
- Overzealous by Gregory Nicholas Malouf
- Daughter of Jerusalem by Joan Wolf
- Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff
- A Marriage in Middlebury by Anita Higman
- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
- Sekret by Lindsay Smith
- The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray
- Can You Attend Any of These Avon Meet-Ups?
- Check out the Copernicus Legacy!
- Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
- Exclusive Video of the Impossible Knife of Memory!...
- Fatal Trust: Promo and Giveaway!
- Soul Slam: Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Laurie Crompton!
- Interview With Ilsa J Bick!
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway Hop!
- Infinite by Jodi Meadows
- Firmoo Review
- The Scandal In Kissing an Heir: Giveaway!
- Awesome 2013 Book Trailers!
- Great Ebooks for 99 Cents!
- The Lair by Emily McKay
- How To Be Alone by Andrea Dorfman/Tanya Davis
- A Whisper in Time Cover Reveal!
- The Christmas Town by Elyse Douglas
- Deceiving Lies Cover Reveal!
- ▼ January (64)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)