Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Posted by sailingaway at 4:19 PM Sunday, January 12, 2014
Who Will Dare to Face the Dragonwitch?
Submissive to her father’s will, Lady Leta of Aiven travels far to meet a prospective husband she neither knows nor loves–Lord Alistair, future king of the North Country.
But within the walls of Gaheris Castle, all is not right. Vicious night terrors plague Lord Alistair to the brink of insanity. Whispers rise from the family crypt. The reclusive castle Chronicler, Leta’s tutor and friend, possesses a secret so dangerous it could cost his life and topple the North Country into civil war.
And far away in a hidden kingdom, a fire burns atop the Temple of the Sacred Flame. Acolytes and priestesses serve their goddess to the limits of their lives and deaths. No one is safe while the Dragonwitch searches for the sword that slew her twice…and for the one person who can wield it.
This is the fifth book in the series "Tales of Goldstone Wood," and this continues the tale tastefully while bringing us right back into the action. The epic fantasy moves along with its focus on the quest of the Dragonwitch to to stop those that are trying to kill her for the third and final time.
The characters in this installment of the series are good and it will never fail to disappoint compared to the other books. The Dragonwitch was mentioned in an earlier book of the series and it was good to finally get to know her backstory and see her played out in this book.
If you have not read any of the other books in this series it may be an issue getting used to the language and world like in any other fantasy novel. There are a few story lines that are going on at the same time so at first it may be confusing as it jumps from one to the other. It all ties together very well at about the halfway point though and begins to make much more sense. The overall tone of the book is not quite as violent compared to other fantasy novels, but I found the lighter side refreshing and enjoyed this aspect a lot. This is definitely worth reading if you have been following the series or not. It gets my thumbs up!
*Reviewed by Chris*
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (311)
- Essence: Promo and Giveaway!
- 250+ Book Giveaway Introduction
- Ekho: Promo and Giveaway!
- The Freedman and the Pharoah's Staff: Promo and Gi...
- Ever Hopeful: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- Into the Darkness: Promo and Giveaway!
- Historical Heartthrobs by Kelly Murphy and Hallie ...
- Mooncalf: Promo and Giveaway!
- Romancing the Duke: Promo and Giveaway!
- Sun & Moon: Promo and Giveaway!
- Faithful Fit & Fabulous Blog Tour: Promo and Givea...
- Indie Author: Promo and Giveaway!
- Going Rogue by Robin Benway
- Blood and Gold: Excerpt and Giveaway!
- The Twelfth Night: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- Love Spell: Spotlight and Giveaway!
- Rubber Soul: Promo and Giveaway!
- Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
- Come Alive: Mercy River-Promo and Giveaway!
- Get Witch Song Free!
- Top Tens List by Cami Checketts! (GIVEAWAY)
- Echo by Alicia Wright Brewster
- Realizing You: Promo and Giveaway!
- No Strings Attached Giveaway Hop!
- Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
- Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
- Ebook Deals from Kensington!
- Plus One by Elizabeth Fama
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- The Rule of Three by Eric Walters
- Rotten Ralph's Rotten Family
- White Space by Ilsa J Bick
- Bloodmark by Aurora Whittet
- One More Present Giveaway!
- Faeries & Fantasy Giveaway Hop!
- Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
- The Mist in the Mirror by Susan Hill
- Overzealous by Gregory Nicholas Malouf
- Daughter of Jerusalem by Joan Wolf
- Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff
- A Marriage in Middlebury by Anita Higman
- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
- Sekret by Lindsay Smith
- The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray
- Can You Attend Any of These Avon Meet-Ups?
- Check out the Copernicus Legacy!
- Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
- Exclusive Video of the Impossible Knife of Memory!...
- Fatal Trust: Promo and Giveaway!
- Soul Slam: Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Laurie Crompton!
- Interview With Ilsa J Bick!
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway Hop!
- Infinite by Jodi Meadows
- Firmoo Review
- The Scandal In Kissing an Heir: Giveaway!
- Awesome 2013 Book Trailers!
- Great Ebooks for 99 Cents!
- The Lair by Emily McKay
- How To Be Alone by Andrea Dorfman/Tanya Davis
- A Whisper in Time Cover Reveal!
- The Christmas Town by Elyse Douglas
- Deceiving Lies Cover Reveal!
- ▼ January (64)
- ► 2013 (530)
- ► 2012 (818)