Search This Blog

Wicked Circle by Linda Robertson

Sunday, January 27, 2013



The fifth in the exciting urban fantasy series featuring Persephone Alcmedi, a modern-day witch with a sexy werewolf boyfriend. 

Persephone Alcmedi has helped her waerewolf lover Johnny unlock his powers. Now she must come to the aid of Menessos, the vampire overlord she has secretly marked. Beset by a trio of truth-seeking vampire sisters so dangerous their own kind keep them confined in stone, he now needs her more than ever...and she realizes her need for him. Seph has magical promises to fulfill for the waeres, multiple mundane family challenges to meet, vampire politics to confront, both the supernatural males in her life to balance, a dragon to deal with...and then a government investigator shows up to complicate matters.


Goodreads Summary



Wicked Circle is the fifth installment of the Persephone Alcmedia series. I finally, FINALLY, was content with Seph’s and Johnny’s relationship. I honestly loved them together and couldn’t find two more perfect lovebirds than them. Once Johnny changed into his werewolf king position… he changed his personality, as well. Sadly, it wasn’t for the better. He says things that start ruining the lovely relationship and I’m really angered about it. This book has multiple POVs, not just Johnny and Seph, but others, too. At first, I was like “What. Is. This. MADNESS!?” but after a little while it was nice to see what everyone’s POV was and it wasn’t just one continuous outlook. I felt like I got to know the characters much better this way.  When Seph and Johnny are having problems, Menessos comes swooping in to be a shoulder to cry on. This just complicates the love triangle and it’s harder on her already complicated life.
The plotline was great. Even though there are tons going on, I never felt lost or like something was out of place. I really think the different POV’s helped everything move along at a rapid pace. It always kept me on my toes. I wanted to yell at Johnny almost all of the time, but I was still interested in what everyone was doing and saying. This is definitely my second favorite book out of the series. The first was the last installation when Johnny was trying to get his memory and powers back. Sadly, he didn’t get his memory and only got his powers. I find that to be okay! Like I’ve been saying the whole series, I’m picking up the next one, and you should too!

4 Stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository




This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

4 comments:

  1. Switching character perspective is always a tricky venture. I love when it's done right, but if it's done wrong, it can really pull you out of a story.

  1. Chelsea B. said...:

    This sounds like a series that I really need to backpedal on and pick up! I love when I come across a series that alreay has a good amount of back books. Makes it easy to BINGE! ;-)

  1. Diana said...:

    The cover looks wicked :)

    - Diana Grace

  1. Susan T. said...:

    I haven't started this series yet but it is on my TBR list!