Interview with author Michael Allan Scott and Book Feature!
Posted by Krystal Larson at 2:17 AM Tuesday, January 8, 2013
If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future? Future!
If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would you choose? Depends on whose cooking . . .:-)
If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you? 1. A large boat 2. Lots of fuel (for the boat) 3. Lots of water (too practical?)
What is one book everyone should read? This is tough! When it comes to fiction, hmm . . . so many great books . . . For it’s pure imagination – The Jesus Incident, Frank Herbert & Bill Ransom.
If you were a superhero what would your name be? Ghost Rider (Writer? You get the idea . . .)
If you could have any superpower what would you choose? Fly!
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate-chip Cookie Dough
If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose? L. Ron Hubbard
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Steak & eggs
Night owl, or early bird? Both, but prefer night owl.
One food you would never eat? Haggis and/or Menudo
Pet Peeves? Slow people in the fast lane
Skittles or M&Ms? M&Ms
Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book. A different look at a mystery’s twists.
Any other books in the works? The second in the Lance Underphal Mystery series, Flight of the Tarantula Hawk is in the edit process for a 2013 release. And I’m about a quarter of the way into the third, Grey Daze.
Goals for future projects? Expand into other genres and non-genre writing. I’m drawn to storytelling in all types and sizes.
What inspired you to want to become a writer? Loved to read and I mostly knew I was a writer since before I can remember. Just suppressed the impulse until it forced its way out.
Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published. It’s like watching a garden grow. And the best is yet to come.
If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world.. which would it be? I do this every time I write.
What is your dream cast for your book? John Travolta as Lance Underpahl—he’d have to stretch, but he’d be good.
What was your favorite book when you were a child/teen? I read a ton of SciFi. Among my faves was Dune, by Frank Herbert.
Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters? Vein Melter, Herbie Hancock
What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors? If it’s what you truly love, don’t give up. No matter what.
If you could choose only one time period and place to live, when and where would you live and why? Here and Now! It’s starting to get exciting.
If you could be one of the Greek Gods, which would it be and why? Poseidon. I love the sea.
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Commute between Martha’s Vineyard and the Bahamas.
What is your favorite Quote? There are few persons, even among the calmest thinkers, who have not occasionally been startled into a vague yet thrilling half credence in the supernatural, by coincidences of so seemingly marvellous a character that, as mere coincidences, the intellect has been unable to receive them.– Edgar Allan Poe.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you “grew up”? A story-teller.
If a movie was made about your life, who would you want to play the lead role and why? Steve McQueen or Clint Eastwood – the strong silent type, with a wry sense of humor.
How did you know you should become an author? Cause everyone told me not to.
Who are your favorite authors of all time? Too many to list here, but here’s a couple: In the mystery genre, James Lee Burke; and in speculative fiction, K.W. Jeter.
Can you see yourself in any of your characters? Some of me in ALL of them.
What’s the craziest writing idea you’ve had? Write with light, no words.
What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you?Do what you love and to hell with the rest of it.
Hidden talent? So well hidden, not even I know about it
Favorite Food? Just one would get too boring . . .
Favorite Candy? Sees dark chocolates
What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year? Been too busy to pay attention . . . oops!
What was your favorite children’s book? The Wizard of Oz series.
Nickname? None that I care to repeat.
How do you react to a bad review? What review?
If you were a bird, which one would you be? Great Horned Owl.
If you were a super hero what would your kryptonite be? Sugar.
Lance Underphal was devastated by his wife’s death, and now, the down-and-out crime-scene photographer can’t let her go. He wakes up plagued by premonitions. The double shooting of an Arizona real estate developer and his mistress/bookkeeper immerse Underphal in a world of incomprehensible phenomena.
Frank Salmon, the hard-boiled homicide detective on the case, does his best to blow off Underphal’s “visions.” But the murders keep piling up and the visions are all-too real.
Salmon reluctantly pursues Underphal’s twists and turns, leading him from a popular strip club to a failing community bank, adding a blackmailing stripper’s murder to the body count.
Underphal struggles mightily with his psychic curse, teetering on the brink of insanity. His only hope for redemption is the voice in his head, the voice of his dead wife. Stumbling through dark vortexes of murderous intrigue, he comes to realize his visions will either kill him or lead to the capture of a killer-maybe more than one.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Mystery & Thrillers
Rating – R
More details about the book
Connect with Michael Allan Scott on Facebook & Twitter
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (371)
- ► 2015 (312)
- ► 2014 (408)
- The Runner by: A. Wayne Gill
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #8!
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #7!
- Shunning Sarah by: Julie Kramer
- Guest Post by Stacy Green
- Cover Reveal: While He Was Away by Karen Schreck
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #6!
- Cover Reveal: Stained by Cheryl Rainfield
- Book Blast and Guest Post Melissa Marr
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #5!
- When Hope Blossoms by Kim Vogel Sawyer
- Wicked Circle by Linda Robertson
- You Got To Be Kidding! by Joe Wenke
- Vicious Circle by Linda Robertson
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #4!
- Back To The Future Giveaway Hop!
- What He Saw by Ryan Casey
- Marcus Finch Clue!
- The Book of Paul Book Feature!
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #3!
- Cover Reveal: Soul Catcher!
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #2!
- Guest Post and Book Feature : Beside My Door-Step
- Under Her Spell by Eliza Daly
- Guess Marcus Finch from The Indigo Spell by Richel...
- The Silver Sphere by Michael Dadich
- Nobody's Angel: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Dead and Buried By: Kim Harrington
- Innocent Darkness by: Suzanne Lazear
- Into the Dark by: Stacy Green
- Lust For Life by: Jeri Smith-Ready
- Midnight City by: J. Barton Mitchell
- Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Crimson Wind by: Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Divine Fury by: Robert B. Lowe
- Fatherless by: James C. Dobson and Kurt Bruner
- The best authors in New Fiction are celebrating th...
- Cage Life: Book Feature and Guest Post!
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Nobody Has To Know......
- The Lesson: Stoney Ridge Seasons By: Suzanne Woods...
- The Aviator’s Wife By: Melanie Benjamin
- Everbound by Brodi Ashton: Blog Tour and Giveaway!...
- The Underside of Joy By: Seré Prince Halverson
- Deception By: Kris Kennedy
- The Stranger By: Max Frei
- The Strangers Woe’s by Max Frei
- Darklands: A Deadtown Novel By: Nancy Holzner
- The Tutor’s Daughter By: Julie Klassen
- Love Finds You in Glacier Bay Alaska By: Tricia Go...
- Chasers by: James Phelan
- Zombie Candy: Book Feature and Guest Post
- Guest Post and Book Feature: The Shadow of the Uni...
- Ashen Winter by: Mike Mullin
- Unremembered by: Jessica Brody
- Shades of Gray by Andy Holloman
- Never Give In To Fear: Book Feature and Guest Post...
- Shades of Gray by Andy Holloman
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Marching With Caesar
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway Hop!
- Poison by Bridget Zinn
- Ivy in the Shadows by Chris Woodworth
- The 13th Sign by Kristin O’Donnell Tubb
- What I Learned about Leadership from My Dog by Joh...
- Blood Winter by: Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Guest Post by Bella Andre!
- Fingerprints: A Mystery Suspense Novel by Marcia L...
- Zombie Candy Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Interview with author Michael Allan Scott and Book...
- Dark Side of Sunset Pointe: Book Feature and Autho...
- Shades of Gray Book Blast!
- Bringing YA To You
- Decked With Holly By: Marni Bates-Review and Givea...
- The Grimm Chronicles Book Blast and Giveaway!
- ▼ January (73)
- ► 2012 (816)