Search This Blog

Vicious Circle by Linda Robertson

Sunday, January 27, 2013



between reading Tarot cards, writing her syndicated newspaper column, and kenneling werewolves in the basement when the moon is full -- even if witches aren't supposed to mingle with wolves. She really reaches the end of her leash, though, when her grandmother gets kicked out of the nursing home and Seph finds herself in the doghouse about some things she's written. Then her werewolf friend Lorrie is murdered...and the high priestess of an important coven offers Seph big money to destroy the killer, a powerful vampire named Goliath Kline. Seph is a tough girl, but this time she bites off more than she can chew. She needs a little help from her friends -- werewolf friends. One of those friends, Johnny, the motorcycle-riding lead singer for the techno-metal-Goth band Lycanthropia, has a crush on her. And while Seph has always been on edge around this 6'2" leather-clad hunk, she's starting to realize that although their attraction may be dangerous, nothing could be as lethal as the showdown that awaits them.


Goodreads Summary

First off, I really enjoyed reading about the main character, Persephone. When I read the blurb I got all excited because that’s the name of my favorite Greek goddess. Yes, nothing about this book has Greek Gods in them, but nonetheless her name had me giddy. I loved reading about her, she’s kick-ass, smart, fun, caring, and an all-around good person. The guy who has a total crush on her is named Johnny… I don’t really like him. Not because he’s a bad guy, but he’s just a little too flat during the book as a character and not my type of werewolf. I guess it is personal preference. I’m not into tattoos all over a person’s body with piercings everywhere, so the hot factor goes out the window. Persephone doesn’t like him in the beginning, which is great because I didn’t “insta-love” him either and it made the relationship feel more real.

The plotline was set at a good pace. Sometimes, I felt like certain sub-stories were in the book just to fill some space because they didn’t connect with the rest of the book, but I liked reading about them anyway. I did skim a little, but it wasn’t too bad. The slow parts weren’t horrible and it was easier to just skim a few paragraphs. All around I liked this book and will pick up the next one without a doubt!

4 Stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository




This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea B. said...:

    Hmmm. I like the way this series sounds! It's definitely one I need to try out.

  1. I like a good piercing or tattoo, but anything in excess is a turn off. This sounds interesting.