The 13th Sign by Kristin O’Donnell Tubb
Posted by Krystal Larson at 1:47 AM Thursday, January 10, 2013
What if there was a 13th zodiac sign?
You’re no longer Sagittarius, but Ophiuchus, the healer, the 13th sign.
Your personality has changed. So has your mom’s and your best friend’s.
What about the rest of the world?
What if you were the one who accidentally unlocked the 13th sign, causing this world-altering change—and infuriating the other 12 signs?
Jalen did it, and now she must use every ounce of her strength and cunning to send the signs back where they belong. Lives, including her own, depend on it.
This book was a pleasant surprise for me because I do not normally read books meant for younger audiences. I expected a much darker novel and almost felt duped by the cover when I first started reading. Despite my initial doubts, I enjoyed learning about the zodiac as I read.
In Jalen’s world, the zodiac determines your personality. After Jalen accidentally released the 13th sign, Ophiuchus, she changed the personalities of everyone she knew. It is now her responsibility to restore the zodiac. Jalen is challenged and tricked throughout her adventure and must learn to use everything she has to succeed.
I have read more exciting novels than this one, but think that Jalen was a strong character, overall. The supporting characters were not as memorable for me, but this is probably a result of the personality changes. Inconsistent characters are less distinctive and I have a harder time connecting with them. However, the plot was phenomenal, I can’t think of any other book pulling together such a unique plot line.
The 13th Sign is a great book for children between the ages of 10-13. This audience would enjoy the action and plot line. I give the novel 3.5 out of 5 stars.
3 1/2 Stars
*Reviewed by Kristin*
Find this book:
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2016 (326)
- ► 2015 (311)
- ► 2014 (408)
- The Runner by: A. Wayne Gill
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #8!
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #7!
- Shunning Sarah by: Julie Kramer
- Guest Post by Stacy Green
- Cover Reveal: While He Was Away by Karen Schreck
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #6!
- Cover Reveal: Stained by Cheryl Rainfield
- Book Blast and Guest Post Melissa Marr
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #5!
- When Hope Blossoms by Kim Vogel Sawyer
- Wicked Circle by Linda Robertson
- You Got To Be Kidding! by Joe Wenke
- Vicious Circle by Linda Robertson
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #4!
- Back To The Future Giveaway Hop!
- What He Saw by Ryan Casey
- Marcus Finch Clue!
- The Book of Paul Book Feature!
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #3!
- Cover Reveal: Soul Catcher!
- Who Is Marcus Finch Clue #2!
- Guest Post and Book Feature : Beside My Door-Step
- Under Her Spell by Eliza Daly
- Guess Marcus Finch from The Indigo Spell by Richel...
- The Silver Sphere by Michael Dadich
- Nobody's Angel: Guest Post and Giveaway!
- The Dead and Buried By: Kim Harrington
- Innocent Darkness by: Suzanne Lazear
- Into the Dark by: Stacy Green
- Lust For Life by: Jeri Smith-Ready
- Midnight City by: J. Barton Mitchell
- Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Crimson Wind by: Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Divine Fury by: Robert B. Lowe
- Fatherless by: James C. Dobson and Kurt Bruner
- The best authors in New Fiction are celebrating th...
- Cage Life: Book Feature and Guest Post!
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Nobody Has To Know......
- The Lesson: Stoney Ridge Seasons By: Suzanne Woods...
- The Aviator’s Wife By: Melanie Benjamin
- Everbound by Brodi Ashton: Blog Tour and Giveaway!...
- The Underside of Joy By: Seré Prince Halverson
- Deception By: Kris Kennedy
- The Stranger By: Max Frei
- The Strangers Woe’s by Max Frei
- Darklands: A Deadtown Novel By: Nancy Holzner
- The Tutor’s Daughter By: Julie Klassen
- Love Finds You in Glacier Bay Alaska By: Tricia Go...
- Chasers by: James Phelan
- Zombie Candy: Book Feature and Guest Post
- Guest Post and Book Feature: The Shadow of the Uni...
- Ashen Winter by: Mike Mullin
- Unremembered by: Jessica Brody
- Shades of Gray by Andy Holloman
- Never Give In To Fear: Book Feature and Guest Post...
- Shades of Gray by Andy Holloman
- Guest Post and Book Feature: Marching With Caesar
- Clear Your Shelf Giveaway Hop!
- Poison by Bridget Zinn
- Ivy in the Shadows by Chris Woodworth
- The 13th Sign by Kristin O’Donnell Tubb
- What I Learned about Leadership from My Dog by Joh...
- Blood Winter by: Diana Pharaoh Francis
- Guest Post by Bella Andre!
- Fingerprints: A Mystery Suspense Novel by Marcia L...
- Zombie Candy Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Interview with author Michael Allan Scott and Book...
- Dark Side of Sunset Pointe: Book Feature and Autho...
- Shades of Gray Book Blast!
- Bringing YA To You
- Decked With Holly By: Marni Bates-Review and Givea...
- The Grimm Chronicles Book Blast and Giveaway!
- ▼ January (73)
- ► 2012 (818)