Search This Blog

The Runner by: A. Wayne Gill

Thursday, January 31, 2013


The Runner is the first book in a seven-part series that follows the life of Michael Knight, a young man who is conflicted about his future and who embarks on a long journey of self-discovery. In that sense, Michael is like many of us. I don't think anyone ever just "arrives." We all have to go through things in life in order to learn and grow.

Goodreads Summary


Michael Knight has the perfect life. The town loves him, everything is going well, and he’s loving the path he’s walking in life. He goes to a university and receives an opportunity of a life time. Wealth and power is offered to him, and the big choice is: Will he take it and everything will be home-free, or will the power he’s given be too much for him?

I really liked this book! The characters were great to read about. I honestly connected with Michael and wanted to feel his feelings at the beginning of the book. Everyone liking me, having a smooth path to walk on… all what I want. At one point or another people have big choices. Like what do you want for a career path? Should I ask her to marry me? And all of those questions that make you want to think long and hard. Michael has a decision to make, and the plot thickens. The side characters clicked well and I felt like they were nicely written. What I love about books is how the characters grow, and Michael does a superb job. He learns from his mistakes, and it’s great to read how he remedies that.

The plotline was fast pace and kept me on my toes. I really didn’t think this would be an action book, but there was some definite “omg” parts that came out of no where. It had many twists and turns, I never know what was going to happen! Sometimes I guessed “This is what will happen” but I’ll be proven wrong the next chapter. It’s an entertaining read and I loved how everything came together. The ride with Michael and everyone else is a fun one, and I recommend this book!



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

11 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    Thank you so much for reviewing my novel, The Runner. I really appreciate it. Please let me know if you ever need an author interview or guest-blogger. Blessings, Wayne

  1. Daniela said...:

    Sounds like an interesting book. I'll definitely check it out :)

  1. A fast paced book in which we try and NOT find out what will happen next? Seems pretty cool to me, gonna add it to the TBR xD

  1. erin said...:

    sounds interesting! Thanks for the review!

  1. I'm glad I read this review. I don't really read modern everyday stories, so to hear that there's a bit of action intrigues me. I think I might check this out!

  1. Unknown said...:

    Sounds good! But it's in 7 parts. I'm not too fond of waiting for the next book to come out. I'll start on this when 5 or 6 books have already been released. :D

  1. Chelsea B. said...:

    Ohhh this book sounds intriguing! Not like something I normally read, but I've been trying to branch out more :-) Great review!

  1. Not too sure if this one sounds like something I'd really get into, but it might be worth reading :) I love finding a new series to read too.

  1. Diana said...:

    Thanks for the post! Great review! :)

    - Diana

  1. bn100 said...:

    Interesting premise

  1. Susan T. said...:

    This sounds quite exciting!